A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The reactions if this gets delayed :lol: 

Potential new release dates if it gets moved to 2017? I was gonna say March but that month is PACKED. April 7 doesn't sound too bad. It would have the Easter holidays OS to help it. May 12 (The Great Gatsby release date), May 19 or May 26 don't sound bad either. June 30 in replacement of Uncharted is a possibility too (they have Spider-Man a week after that, tho...). October 6 wouldn't be bad either if the FOX/Marvel movie isn't Deadpool 2. October 13 would also work. Finally, my last option is December 22. 

May is pretty empty but I don't know if releasing so close to GOTG is a good thing. Could totally see the June 30 date happening, they'll be able to do double features the following week.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

May is pretty empty but I don't know if releasing so close to GOTG is a good thing. Could totally see the June 30 date happening, they'll be able to do double features the following week.

Gatsby released in the week after Iron Man 3 and GotG2 won't open as big as Iron Man 3.

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's probably not even a real movie cjohn.

It is. I can assure you that. :lol: I can't say more, tho  :censored:

Just now, CJohn said:

Gatsby released in the week after Iron Man 3 and GotG2 won't open as big as Iron Man 3.

It is. I can assure you that. :lol: I can't say more, tho  :censored:

They're both sci-fi movies starring Chris Pratt though :lol: The June 30 date is really good the more I think about it, the Fourth of July will also help.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

They're both sci-fi movies starring Chris Pratt though :lol: The June 30 date is really good the more I think about it, the Fourth of July will also help.

Will they want to release 2 big movies in back to back weekend, tho?

If they don't come out with an official release date for the trailer really soon, I'm gonna assume the movie isn't gonna come out this year.

It's getting ridiculous now - less than 5 months from release and still absolutely nothing as far as promo goes. I'm trying to see the official Facebook page and new logo as positive steps, but that's like grasping at straws. It feels like Sony doesn't have a plan.

41 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The reactions if this gets delayed :lol: 

Potential new release dates if it gets moved to 2017? I was gonna say March but that month is PACKED. April 7 doesn't sound too bad. It would have the Easter holidays OS to help it. May 12 (The Great Gatsby release date), May 19 or May 26 don't sound bad either. June 30 in replacement of Uncharted is a possibility too (they have Spider-Man a week after that, tho...). October 6 wouldn't be bad either if the FOX/Marvel movie isn't Deadpool 2. October 13 would also work. Finally, my last option is December 22. 

If it does get moved to summer, I dont think theyll do May, did you forget about GOTG 2, another Chris Pratt vehicle? Since Bad Boys 3, WWZ 2 and Uncharted aren't making those June 2017 dates they could stick it anywhere during that month if they want. I think June 16 is the best option, counter-programming against Kingsman: The Golden Circle and Cars 3 (which isn't the most popular Pixar animation franchise anyway) and it's not too close to their other big movie Spiderman: Homecoming. 

Edited by babz06

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

May 19th or 26th could work

Two Chris Pratt movies in one month, or even in back-to-back months, seems like a slight overkill to me. Especially considering they're both taking place in space.

Edited by JennaJ

Just now, filmlover said:

I still wouldn't worry yet. The most likely target for a trailer premiere is The Magnificent Seven (another Sony release with Pratt). If it's still without marketing by then then yes this is getting delayed.

Magnificent Seven comes out exactly three months before Passengers' current release date.

Has there been a recent big tentpole film that only started promotion three months from release?

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I still wouldn't worry yet. The most likely target for a trailer premiere is The Magnificent Seven (another Sony release with Pratt). If it's still without marketing by then then yes this is getting delayed.

I agree. Honestly, Sony didnt even announce  officially that a trailer was going to be released this week. So if JLAW fans are upset, than that's their own fault.

Edited by babz06

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, I would say M7 is the final chance at a trailer.

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Jason Bourne

Not true. Jason Bourne started his mkt campaign in February.