#ED

Weekend Estimates - (Pain & Gain: 20M, The Big Wedding: 7.5M)

P&G should drop like a rock with the arrival of Tony Stark & his boys...

Some of the comments from Deadline:

[*]

Basing a comedy on real life murders is sick and completely unacceptable in my view. And I usually support pushing cinematic boundaries.

Comment by Jack — Friday April 26, 2013 @ 12:13pm PDT REPLY TO THIS POST
    [*]

Does Paramount have any confidence in this film? Sems like it would make more sense as fun, twisted summer counter-programming in June or July. Mixed word of mouth is almost guaranteed on a Michael Bay film, but what is Paramount thinking?

Comment by Reggie Van Luster — Friday April 26, 2013 @ 1:08pm PDT REPLY TO THIS POST
    [*]

Saw the film this afternoon and it was kind of an ugly, depressing hard-edged ordeal to sit through. And I actually LIKE a lot of Bay’s work.

Departed, Slumdog, King's Speech, and Argo all finished within 10M of each other. I'm calling it now: the 2014 winner will make 139.

And they came out in 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2012 respectively. I predict the next winner will end up under $75m, like Crash, NCFOM, THL and The Artist.  ;)

• Like 3

I'm still shocked Michael Bay made a $26M budget movie.

Bay's had this one on his to do list for years and he was originally going to do it before Transformers. But then he decided against it. He, the Rock and Wahlberg all took no upfront money for the film (or very little, can't remember) for backend deals. So if this is successful, they get paid, if not, they don;t.