Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

It will be 4-5 AM when Saturday numbers are revealed. I won't be here to see them.

You're forgetting about our savior. ;) He'll most likely reveal something in couple of hours. :D

Yesterday total Iron Man attendance was 1339. Today so far, we are have has 1103.3D share is way down though.

I wish I worked at your theater. We had around 3,000 total admits from just the Thursday 9 pm and midnight shows.

You're forgetting about our savior. ;) He'll most likely reveal something in couple of hours. :D

Yeha, can we just sniper Gitesh and post savior`s projections exclusively? Gitesh creates good meltdowns but think of long-term psychological impact of such enormous life-altering stress.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

However, since July's deadly shooting at a midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" in Colorado, some studio executives say, mainstream moviegoers' appetite for late-night screenings has dropped off.

"People stopped going to late-night shows. It was hugely dramatic, and we went, 'Whoa, what happened to the grosses?'" said Chris Aronson, 20th Century Fox's president of domestic distribution. "So some exhibitors approached us to begin a dialogue, asking if we could get things going at 10 p.m. instead of midnight."

Not sure if this article about midnight shows has been posted: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-ca-new-midnight-movies-20130505,0,1356269,full.story

• Founder / Operator

Thanks for posting.

I still can't believe the logic of this, though. Heartless insane idiots are going to do what heartless insane idiots do, no matter what time of day or night it is. This is all about the money for the studios. If an exhibitor really believes it makes a big difference to the heartless insane idiots, they're naive.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1

This shows that TDK movies are indeed the most influential of the new released ones. TDK force AMPAS to change BP rules by expnading the field and now TDKR tragedy is forcing studios to move midnight to earlier hours.

• Founder / Operator

I always have Friday as business day Friday. Midnights and previews are separate.Edited for clarity.

Cool, thanks. Would you say 1,500 or so admissions are feasible by night's end? Not sure what time zone you're in so I might be low-balling or high-balling.

Cool, thanks. Would you say 1,500 or so admissions are feasible by night's end? Not sure what time zone you're in so I might be low-balling or high-balling.

He's in San Antonio. CST

• Like 1

I'm here waiting to see the 9:45 show at the biggest IMAX in NYC. Just got here and there's no line whatsoever .Perhaps because of the reserved seating!?

Not sure if this means anything but the two shows that I saw in the afternoon today both had about 25% capacity.