Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

I think that Saturday number indicates that MCU movies have as much appeal to the general audience as any blockbuster series since.....the Star Wars OT, maybe? The kind of Saturday holds these movies have are insane. 

Agree. 3D is such a farce. It has ruined cinema.

About Catching Fire and its BO performance, I will say this :

I will not accept people trolling CF with 3d movies, unless the movie in 3d performs well above CF.

In attendance THG is above TASM and Madagascar 3, making it movie number 7 WW in 2012.

• Like 1

175? Was hoping for at least 180!  :( But this is an astounding number, no two ways about it.

YES.Didn't SM2 go down from SM1 and HP2 down from HP1, MORON?

This comparison doesn't even make sense. Catching Fire is considered the very best in THG trilogy. The book is on a grander scale and is deeper than THG. With the right kind of marketing, the movie is definitely gonna increase on THG, not decrease.

SM2 and HP2, on the other hand, were not really on a "grander scale" than their predecessors. HP2 is even regarded as weaker to HP1 and is one of the weakest movies in the entire HP franchise. SM2, despite the rave reviews, I don't find as fun and addictive as SM1, so I could definitely see why it went down. CF on the other hand has all the potential to be far more epic than THG.

Maybe $1B for TDW's too high. I definitely believe $800M WW's a near certainty though. OS box office receipts have exploded over the past few years. And, given the recent OS boosts in sales for TA, TDKR, Bond and IM3, I think it's reasonable to expect an enormous bump for TDW. It will at least double Thor's OS total of $268M for something close to $550M. It will likely at least gross $250M D too. If it's a decent flick... A worthy sequel. Maybe even an improvement on Thor... I see close to $900M WW. After Avengers, audiences around the globe are now MUCH more familiar with Thor and his universe. Not to mention, the trailer generated some real buzz and plays before every showing of IM3. Should be an interesting WW box office battle between TDW, CF and DoS.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 2

So JLaw's the queen, RDJ's the king, and Marvel is the ruling house?

From now on, RDJ will be Summer God, (with Marvel being his Olympus) and JLaw will be Winter Goddess (THG movies will come out in November from now and all her award worthy films also come out in the same season).

About Catching Fire and its BO performance, I will say this :I will not accept people trolling CF with 3d movies, unless the movie in 3d performs well above CF.In attendance THG is above TASM and Madagascar 3, making it movie number 7 WW in 2012.

:worthy: :worthy:Totally agree.

From now on, RDJ will be Summer God, (with Marvel being his Olympus) and JLaw will be Winter Goddess (THG movies will come out in November from now and all her award worthy films also come out in the same season).

Lovely.

I could only imagine if they are in a movie together, directed by Cameron or Whedon, produced by Marvel/Disney.

• Like 1