Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Lol at fake continuing to doubt hunger games and for people to doubt star wars it may not do what Avengers or im3 did but it will do just fine.

It will do just fine you're right. Sitting at #2 on the 2013 chart! Which again isnt that big of a deal.

IMAX theaters couldn't get enough seats to fill the demand as they reportedly sold out nearly every show on all 326 IMAX screens nationwide to surpass The Avengers' IMAX opening with $16.5 million, second only to Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises. It added another $13 million internationally on 267 IMAX screens to bring its global IMAX total to $40.2 million.

• Like 2

Whhhyyyyyy would anyone pay to go see that?

It's actually really useful for families with kids that don't have alot of money and can't afford to make it to the theater very often. It's usually 2 for the price of 1 at drive ins or discount theaters. 

If you don't give a shit about the details of box office discussion, why are you here?

Oh, I care. But I recognize the fact that it's the studios that set the criteria for which days get counted in their weekend totals. People like to make predictions (and sometimes bets) but the situation is more or less like the old numbers racket. Gangsters were reliant on the receipt numbers from racetracks to generate the numbers each day, the way we rely on the studios to decide what to count and give us the tally. 

Its mostly a drive-in thing, and I dont think they get charged for 2 movies, but Im not certain.

That's it. The drive-ins pair an older film from the same studio with new releases and each film gets to count the ticket sales in its gross.