Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Legs won't be very good, IMHO. Side note: our sources are saying 63-65m opening day.

They'll be ok but I agree, hype will outweigh reaction. I was pleasantly surprised but I was walking in expecting iron man 2...you will be impressed if you come in like that. If you're expecting avengers though...you'll be let down.
  • Like 1

TA was the best pop corn movie since i can't even remember. It was just too awesome to be true, WOM was off the charts.IM3 is a good blockbuster; I liked it but I understand why it will induce some bitchfest.

I know that. All I'm saying is that it's way, way, way too early to be having meltdowns and panicking.

IM2 dropped 10% and 32% on Sat/Sun....IM2 did 7.5 mill midnights.IM3 will drop harder tomorrow because of the 15.6 mill midnights. And a 30% drop on Sunday would be about 32-33 mill.

Something to consider: IM1 and Avengers' first Sundays didn't fall on Mother's Day. IM2's did and IM3's doesn't. I expect a 25-26% drop. 65m 54m 40m 159m weekendI don't know about any bad WOM either. My crowd freaking ate it up last night.
  • Like 1

So why is North America resisting TA Effect while the rest of the world is swept?

Well, North America has known Marvel and Iron Man is cool since Iron Man 1. International audiences seem to have really just figured that out with Avengers. We're just ahead of the curve...but it mitigates the effect.I just pulled that out of my ass in case anyone wants to argue my point. Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1