Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Yeah, but that $91m is less exciting when early reports were tracking well over $100m...

For one day? I'm not a Potter person so I never kept up with it, I was just intrigued by that one day gross.

Sith had an insane midnight opening though. It broke the previous record by around 100%. Phantom Menace is the one that STARTED the midnight phenomenon.

ID4 is the first movie where I really remember tons of people lining up for a midnight show and it being a real event.

For one day? I'm not a Potter person so I never kept up with it, I was just intrigued by that one day gross.

Yeah, once that midnight number was announced and based on early matinee performance, Nikki had it targeted for well over $100m OD.

No chance of that. Personally I think the "pussy" line is NOT gonna go over well with parents who bring their kids to see it. I just remember seeing TA and there were a ton of little kids with conservatively dressed parents. I think, "Hmmm...I wonder how they would react to this?" Probably not well.

I don't think anyone will be offended that he called the kid a cat.

• Like 2

Because that was driven by insane buzz and demand that wasn't sated until more showtimes were added. The spillover started late Friday and went into Sunday. That's not the case here. I think it may perform slightly better than IM1/IM2's pattern, but not dramatically so.

That's quite a good point.

No chance of that. Personally I think the "pussy" line is NOT gonna go over well with parents who bring their kids to see it. I just remember seeing TA and there were a ton of little kids with conservatively dressed parents. I think, "Hmmm...I wonder how they would react to this?" Probably not well.

My theater erupted with laughter at that line  :lol: I was like "did he seriously just say that?"   :rofl:

But yeah, parents might not be happy about that. I hope the cuteness of that little kid compensate for that somehow. God, he's just adorable  :wub:

Because that was driven by insane buzz and demand that wasn't sated until more showtimes were added. The spillover started late Friday and went into Sunday. That's not the case here. I think it may perform slightly better than IM1/IM2's pattern, but not dramatically so.

Yeah this will certainly not follow TA's Sat/Sun pattern. That was highly remarkable for such a big OD because as you said buzz after people first saw it was just so insane that theaters couldn't keep up with demand. IM3 isn't getting near that kind of WOM, even if it's getting good WOM.

My theater erupted with laughter at that line  :lol: I was like "did he seriously just say that?"   :rofl:

But yeah, parents might not be happy about that. I hope the cuteness of that little kid compensate for that somehow. God, he's just adorable  :wub:

LOL, well I'm just thinking about how this ultra conservative town will react to it. The people here are about as conservative as you'll find in the United States. I would think most of the male adults and teenage males will laugh their asses off at it, but the soccer mom types are probably not gonna be happy.

IM2 pattern 70/63/43= 176... Almost the same thing as TA :lol:

IM1 was a origin movie so that does not translate well