Punishment

Weekend Actuals 5/3-5/5

I'm surprised Tysons made it.  There were like 4 or 5 other theaters that had 20% more shows over the weekend, and its usually the Cinemark in Hanover that makes the lists for the bigger openers.

I know right, Tysons was super busy when I went though so I guess I'm not surprised it's on the list. No idea why it was so busy

They're also over $20/ticket for 3D movies...

I went to Lincoln Square (#1), $21.50 for an IMAX 3D. All Friday, Saturday and most of Sunday sold out.The theater also offered it in Real 3D and 2D. Mostly sellouts.2D = $163D = $17.50IMAX = $20.00IMAX 3D = $21.50 Edited by iTz ED

Come to Los Angeles! The sun shines bright, the beaches are wide and inviting, and the orange groves stretch as far as the eye can see. There are jobs aplenty, and land is cheap. Every working man can have his own house, and inside every house, a happy, all-American family. You can have all this, and who knows... you could even be discovered, become a movie star... or at least see one. Life is good in Los Angeles... it's paradise on Earth.

• Like 7

Come to Los Angeles! The sun shines bright, the beaches are wide and inviting, and the orange groves stretch as far as the eye can see. There are jobs aplenty, and land is cheap. Every working man can have his own house, and inside every house, a happy, all-American family. You can have all this, and who knows... you could even be discovered, become a movie star... or at least see one. Life is good in Los Angeles... it's paradise on Earth.

Love that movie so much.

ED, my rent is $805 per month.

:lol: That's more than my mortgage, and I don't exactly live in a cheap area either.

I was born and raised in Brooklyn, I work in the city(The Metropolitan Opera), but me and my wife plan on buying a house within 5 years. Saving up so we can move to Long Island or Conneticut(continue to work in NYC)I'm really sick and tired of NYC honestly, I just want to work here but live somewhere else lol
  • Like 1

I was born and raised in Brooklyn, I work in the city(The Metropolitan Opera), but me and my wife plan on buying a house within 5 years. Saving up so we can move to Long Island or Conneticut(continue to work in NYC)I'm really sick and tired of NYC honestly, I just want to work here but live somewhere else lol

What sort of work do you do for the Met Opera, if you don't mind me asking?

If you're tired of it, why would you want to work there? Way too much traffic and BS to put up with every day.

Hey Spizzer, anyway you can calculate kids' tickets? The way you calculate the numbers, that methodology would seriously hurt kiddie flicks vs. more adult oriented movies. 

• Like 1

What sort of work do you do for the Met Opera, if you don't mind me asking?

Shipping and Recieving. We're under a 32BJ union which isn't bad. I don't sing! -_-
  • Like 1

If you're tired of it, why would you want to work there? Way too much traffic and BS to put up with every day.

The job pays well for me. I don't have much education, so making 65 - 70,000 is good for me.
  • Like 1

Cost of Living in New Yawk sucks big time.

I've become very picky about what movies I pay to see because they are so expensive here.

I'm sick of it too. 950 for a crappy studio and it still takes me 45 minutes to get into the city. The lady and I were talking about giving Boston a shot. I have no interest in living outside a Northeastern city so options are limited.