Plain Old Tele

SPEED 20 Year Anniversary: Meet the Passengers

Let's also not forget the Jaguar owner, Maurice the Tune Man.

Posted Image

Jack Traven [after taking Maurice's car and breaking off the door]: Sir, I'm gonna need to take your phone.

Maurice the Tune Man: Take the phone, man!

:lol:
Edited by The Stingray
  • Like 2

Let's also not forget the Jaguar owner, Maurice the Tune Man.

Posted Image

Jack Traven [after taking Maurice's car and breaking off the door]: Sir, I'm gonna need to take your phone.

Maurice the Tune Man: Take the phone, man!

:lol:

That character appeared also in Speed 2. :lol:

• Like 1

Did anyone else hear about this story from a few months ago about this crazy dude who was collecting every single copy in existance of the VHS for Speed (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/04/25/man-buys-all-vhs-speed/8144739/) ? LOL maybe I should try to find my original copy stored away somewhere and send it to him.

Speed is still one of my favorite movies and is just as awesome now as it was when it came out 20 years ago. Only the first Die Hard is a better "straight-up" action movie IMO.

• Like 1

Did anyone else hear about this story from a few months ago about this crazy dude who was collecting every single copy in existance of the VHS for Speed (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/04/25/man-buys-all-vhs-speed/8144739/) ? LOL maybe I should try to find my original copy stored away somewhere and send it to him.

Speed is still one of my favorite movies and is just as awesome now as it was when it came out 20 years ago. Only the first Die Hard is a better "straight-up" action movie IMO.

:lol: Of course this guy is from Idaho.

I haven't seen it in a few years, but with the 20th anniversary upon us, I might be due for a repeat viewing. Nevertheless, in the battle of 1994 summer action movies, I'd take True Lies by a hair over Speed.

• Like 1

That character appeared also in Speed 2. :lol:

Speed 2? What are you talking about? They was never any sequel to Speed. Just like there was never any sequel to Under Siege, Blues Brothers or Donnie Darko. And no amount of so-called 'reality' can tell me different.

LOL oh lord Speed 2: Cruise Control. I saw that crap in theaters and still want my money back almost two decades later. Say what you will about Keanu's acting ability (or lack thereof), but at least he was smart enough to dodge that bullet.

Really interesting piece, character actors are the unsung heroes of movies like speed. Sure the focus was on reeves and bullock but even in the little screen time they had, the other passengers formed an integral part of the movie. It would have been interesting to see the original concept, with them having larger roles and backstories, but I do love the movie as is anyway.

• Like 1

The fact that she survived Speed 2 (and Miss Congeniality 2!!)...a fucking miracle.

I remember reading she agreed to Speed 2 in order to make Hope Floats which was obviously a passion project for her but still, I'm amazed the studio thought the sequel would be a success. The first was basically built on the chemistry of Reeves and Bullock and relied on them to hold the preposterous plot together. Taking either of them out automatically takes away the main draw.