Premium and Gold members please go to this thread:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24403-paid-perks/

Copper and Silver Accounts please PM me if you have paid past August 1st and care about the "Custom Avatar" (or really larger avatar) perk.

kayumanggi

Wednesday Numbers | 13.8 M THG: MOCKINGJAY II | 9.8 M THE GOOD DINOSAUR | 6.0 M CREED

DAJK    10,221
3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm seeing this at 630 my time.....2.5 hours from now.  Very excited.

Creed I'm assuming? I'm seeing it at 700 my time. So 6 hours from now.

DAJK    10,221

I dunno, I mean it would be a great number technically, but is be disappointed with just 7.5M for Creed.

grim22    51,680
9 minutes ago, John Marston said:

$13m+ MJ2 ($73-75m 5 day)
$9m+ Dinosaur ($60m+)
$7.5m+ Creed ($40m+)
$? Victor F ($6m)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-hunger-games-stays-843849

MJ1 was 14.6M, Frozen was 15M, Creed doing awesome numbers compared to almost every other live action movie released on Thanksgiving weekend over the past few years.

grim22    51,680

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/thanksgiving-box-office-hunger-games-topping-creed-good-dinosaur-1201648850/

“The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 2” will lead the U.S. box office with about $73 million for the five-day Thanksgiving holiday at 4,175 locations, early estimates showed Wednesday.

The opening of Disney-Pixar’s “The Good Dinosaur” appears to be heading for about $63 million for the long weekend and New Line-MGM’s “Creed” will come in above forecasts in the $40 million range at 3,350 sites. “Creed” scored an industry record for previews on a pre-Thanksgiving Tuesday night with $1.4 million, edging “The Good Dinosaur” at $1.3 million.

• Like 1

John Marston    14,286
1 minute ago, grim22 said:

MJ1 was 14.6M, Frozen was 15M, Creed doing awesome numbers compared to almost every other live action movie released on Thanksgiving weekend over the past few years.

that seems like a shit number for Good Dinosaur then

RichWS    17,366
1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

That being said, they seem like reasonable projections given the early numbers.

True. It just FEELS wrong, ya know?

• Like 1

BenedictL11    351
16 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I dunno, I mean it would be a great number technically, but is be disappointed with just 7.5M for Creed.

$7.5M is still great if it holds. It could've been worse considering it was barely above Vacation (opened on a Tuesday), but sputerred at just $3.8M wednesday. Plus it was 40% above Horrible Bosses 2, which could have translated to just $6M Wednesday. Nothing to sneeze at all so far.

a2knet    11,208

If TGD makes 9.5m on Wed, then it will get 55m over 5 days if it behaves like Tangled, and 58.6m if it behaves like Frozen. So don't know why THR and V confident about 60m+ over 5-days. Will require 10-11m on Wed to touch 60m I think.