The Amazing Spider-Man

113 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Amazing Spider-Man

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Yea, the attempt at a rewatch didn't go so well.  I had a hard time finishing it.  I enjoyed Emma a lot more this time, she was very sexy with her knee high socks, whorish like mini skirts and boots.  But other than that I still had the same problems with the film.

• Like 2

It's hard for a movie to stand on its own when it's following the same story-line as the movie it's rebooting. Even on my 3rd watch I kept comparing the two and this one always comes in slightly below Spider-Man. However, I really enjoy watching this movie every time I see it. The action is exciting, Garfield and Stone have great chemistry, and while The Lizard seems under-developed he's given some depth in the deleted scenes (what were they thinking cutting those?) and I know that's a bad excuse but sue me.

All in all, a solid, fun flick

8/10

PC bullshit, cocky Peter, amateurish direction, twilight high school feel and plot being too simple for today's standards are my biggest problems with TASM.  C (50) 

It just keeps getting worse with each viewing, it dropped from B (80) to B- (65) to C (50).

• Like 1

Haven't seen it, but it can't be a good sign if it's being compared to Catwoman...

LOL. It's not "Catwoman bad", look at the consensus view before passing judgement without viewing for yourself(7.2/10 on IMDB, mostly A's and B's from this overwhelmingly negative board), not one person's hyperbolic opinion(And yes, baumer is prone to hyperbole).  ;)

The fact that he's seen it multiple times just to lambaste it tells me that deep down, he probably likes it more than he lets on to us or even to himself(Psychology 101). I hated Catwoman and B&R so bad, I refuse to waste my time on them, even if only to find something else to rag on.

If you can sit through a film more than once, regardless of intent,  it's redeemable on some level for you. 

• Like 2

LOL. It's not "Catwoman bad", look at the consensus view before passing judgement without viewing for yourself(7.2/10 on IMDB, mostly A's and B's from this overwhelmingly negative board), not one person's hyperbolic opinion(And yes, baumer is prone to hyperbole).  ;)

The fact that he's seen it multiple times just to lambaste it tells me that deep down, he probably likes it more than he lets on to us or even to himself(Psychology 101). I hated Catwoman and B&R so bad, I refuse to waste my time on them, even if only to find something else to rag on.

If you can sit through a film more than once, regardless of intent,  it's redeemable on some level for you. 

Hail AA

I've never sat down to see SM3 again. Nothing redeeming about it. :P

I've never sat down to see SM3 again. Nothing redeeming about it. :P

Well, there's the brilliantly campy Franco but I agree, I think the next time I watch Spidey, I'll just skip that mess :D

The Amazing Spider-Man, more than anything, is dull. There's nothing imaginative about this take on Spider-Man. It constantly rehashes moments from the Raimi movies with more forgettable cinematography, mediocre action, and a color scheme too dark to follow. Garfield is a decent Spidey but a horrendously unsympathetic Peter Parker. Everyone else, from Martin Sheen to Emma Stone, similarly doesn't leave any impression, and the huge focus on Peter's parents seems both silly and a distraction, seeing the film drops it after the first forty minutes. It's hard to write a review about because it's just not that memorable at all. The Amazing Spider-Man is a superhero movie without any identity that makes it wholly not special and completely unbefitting of its title hero. A disgrace to the franchise thanks to its own anonymity. D-

• Like 1