Neo

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves | March 31, 2023 | Paramount | Amazon Prime advance screenings March 19 @ 2 PM

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

I'd love it, but sounds like wishful thinking from him when looking at the numbers...

One reason the film worked so well is the cast, and if he is looking at doing a film for less he can;t afford to bring back the cast.

Well if he's willing to take a pay-cut because he loves the project, it might be doable.

They gotta reduce the budget. But at this point I'm pretty sure a sequel would out-open the original. This movie series has had a lot of time on streaming to gain new fans.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Please. Please please.

I'd love another, but even with Wizards of the Coast co-financing this as a loss leader and no COVID protocol inflation this time, the first movie still needed imo at least 300m WW to justify a sequel.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I'd love another, but even with Wizards of the Coast co-financing this as a loss leader and no COVID protocol inflation this time, the first movie still needed imo at least 300m WW to justify a sequel.

true, but have you considered they should do it because I want it?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

I'm not too familiar with DnD and haven't played the game yet, but they should absolutely do Dungeons & Dragons: BALDUR'S GATE

They gotta (if it makes sense)

Yeah having Baldur's Gate in the title would be an easy way to gather at least some interest. BG3 was a MASSIVE success, already won game of the year in a few awards, and is the favorite to win game of the year overall right now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinacolada said:

I'm not too familiar with DnD and haven't played the game yet, but they should absolutely do Dungeons & Dragons: BALDUR'S GATE

This is actually not a bad idea at all, I’m sure they can write something fun for it with these characters and there’ll be some more awareness this way.

2 hours ago, Pinacolada said:

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

Yeah having Baldur's Gate in the title would be an easy way to gather at least some interest. BG3 was a MASSIVE success, already won game of the year in a few awards, and is the favorite to win game of the year overall right now

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

This is actually not a bad idea at all, I’m sure they can write something fun for it with these characters and there’ll be some more awareness this way.

Most video games, especially RPGs like Baldurs Gate series, are better suited as long form adaptations.

The first game I could see squishing into a single movie because the actual plot is pretty threadbare, but the other 2 would require a good deal more time to tell right 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

Most video games, especially RPGs like Baldurs Gate series, are better suited as long form adaptations.

The first game I could see squishing into a single movie because the actual plot is pretty threadbare, but the other 2 would require a good deal more time to tell right 

You only need to have Baldur's Gate in the title because the characters go there and it takes place in that city, not because you're adapting the games.

Name recognition. That's all.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

Baldur's Gate III was very popular, so the sequel might actually happen, probably on a lower budget though.

Way to do it for lower budget; Just get the cast back and film them playing a real DnD campaign. good enough.