baumer

Titanic | James Cameron | Pretend it's 1997 all over again (The pure awe of Titanic's run)

Just saw a special screening of Blues Brothers 2000, don't waste your time it has nothing on the original. The songs aren't even as good as the first.

Just an unecessary sequel (hope we don't get too many of those in the future). 

Edited by Boxofficefanatic
  • Like 1

I just read that they are remaking Psycho.  It's supposed to come out later in 1998.  There's going to be a lot of pissed off horror purists.  Although the rumoured cast seems pretty good.  Vince Vaughn, from Swingers, is rumoured to be playing Norman Bates.

I just read that they are remaking Psycho.  It's supposed to come out later in 1998.  There's going to be a lot of pissed off horror purists.  Although the rumoured cast seems pretty good.  Vince Vaughn, from Swingers, is rumoured to be playing Norman Bates.

I've heard it's going to be a shot by shot remake, meaning it won't make any real changes from the original.

I really don't see the point to be honest. You can watch the original right at your home, right now.

• Like 1

Hard to say. Armageddon is a summer release and it has Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck fresh off his Oscar win.  

BEN AFFLECK will be a one-hit Oscar winner, mark my words... Willis though, he can win something. He has real acting chops, and will lead TARANTINO to an Oscar win....

• Like 2

BEN AFFLECK will be a one-hit Oscar winner, mark my words... Willis though, he can win something. He has real acting chops, and will lead TARANTINO to an Oscar win....

You think he will work with Tarantino again?  

You think he will work with Tarantino again?  

Of course!!! He was in both PULP FICTION and FOUR ROOMS and is easily the biggest star TARANTINO has worked with. Quentin would be stupid not to go with him again. Heck, maybe we'll get DIE HARD WITH SOME PULP :D :D :D

• Like 1

Uh what day/week is it?

The weekend of February 13 - 15 (President Day's Weekend is coming up). The new releases are Sphere, The Wedding Singer, and the Borrowers.

I think The Wedding Singer will be a big hit, while Sphere will flop because it looks like they derived way too much from the awesome book it's based off.

Iffy on the Borrowers.

But The Sphere cast is incredible.  How can it fail?

I don't care if they casted stock footage of Laurence Olivier as the lead, it doesn't change the fact that Sphere is basically not going to be faithful to it's source material and that pisses me off.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic