baumer

Titanic | James Cameron | Pretend it's 1997 all over again (The pure awe of Titanic's run)

I love Michael Crichton. I'm sure Sphere will overperform. Titanic will win though. Its the perfect Valentine's Day film. Also, boost from record Oscar noms. Can this reach 500M?  :blink:

I think it will pass $500M, in fact I think it's final gross will be about $600.8M...call me crazy...

Edited by lilmac

Titanics run is truly ridiculous. Its drops are miniscule. This is a run more akin to last decade not this one. When Star Wars comes out im sure it will do well but i dont think it will match Titans numbers here and no way it makes a billion internationally.

I've seen this almost every Friday night now. The theater is almost always sold out even time I go. Wonder what will finally knock it out of the number one slot. This may make it until May at this rate.Can't wait for it to be released on VHS.

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

(awesome, we're still before the Oscars)

I think The Wedding Singer will be a big hit, while Sphere will flop because it looks like they derived way too much from the awesome book it's based off.

ADAM SANDLER is such a funny guy!!! He's a real comedian unlike JIM WHOCARESEY and ROBORING WILLIAMS. He'll win an Oscar AND Golden Globe before either of those two. JIM and ROBIN better get ready to play in the remake of TWINS where both will play women!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

I've seen this almost every Friday night now. The theater is almost always sold out even time I go. Wonder what will finally knock it out of the number one slot. This may make it until May at this rate.Can't wait for it to be released on VHS.

VHS.   :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 1

Sphere is really puzzling.  I don't get it.  Such a strong cast.  Such dismal numbers.  

Another thing that puzzles me is why they are making a Fugitive sequel without Ford?  US Marshals is with Tommy Lee Jones and the drug addict Robert Downey Jr.  I wonder if his career will ever turn around.  

Yeah I had to add that there to show how long ago this really was   :P

I still have it on VHS.  It came on two tapes  

I still have it on VHS too.  And DVD and BR.  :)

• Like 1

Another thing that puzzles me is why they are making a Fugitive sequel without Ford?  US Marshals is with Tommy Lee Jones and the drug addict Robert Downey Jr.  I wonder if his career will ever turn around.

I've been wanting him to play a BOND villain for a while... taking on BROSBOND would be truly awesome...

I still have it on VHS too.  And DVD and BR.   :)

Same here.  I have the special edition dvd in the blue box and I got the special edition blu ray that came in the boat box :)

• Like 1

Sphere is really puzzling. I don't get it. Such a strong cast. Such dismal numbers. Another thing that puzzles me is why they are making a Fugitive sequel without Ford? US Marshals is with Tommy Lee Jones and the drug addict Robert Downey Jr. I wonder if his career will ever turn around.

US Marshals doesn't need Ford. Last time I checked Jones is who won the Oscar

Sphere is really puzzling.  I don't get it.  Such a strong cast.  Such dismal numbers.  

Not sure about Robert Downey Jr. but Wesley Snipes looks to be having a good career run.  I hear he is playing a comic book character later in the year called Blade.  Not sure how that will work out as most comic book movies aren't too good

• Like 1

US Marshals doesn't need Ford. Last time I checked Jones is who won the Oscar

Oy vay.  

Ford is a draw.  Not Jones.  And I like Jones, don't get me wrong.  But he should have maybe lost to Kilmer for his role in Tombstone.