baumer

Titanic | James Cameron | Pretend it's 1997 all over again (The pure awe of Titanic's run)

oh and i've seen it for a second time over the weekend.... and an update how titanic is going down under....

ummm i'm not sure how to say this, but titanic just posted it's biggest weekend yet....

Titanic opened with 3.2m and increased 9% over the christmas weekend (for which only 3 days amazingly counted cause cinemas close on christmas day in australia)  and finally over new years we got an amazing 3.6m which was a further 4% increase over the 2nd weekend.

we are now up to a 13.8m after 3 weekends which is amazing given the opening..... 

so after posting the all time 12th biggest opening, titanic's 2nd weekend was the 4th biggest and now the third is up to the all time biggest.

like the US it's holding like crazy.

I think a total around 30m is possible down under... right now it's currently just outside the top 50 all time here overall... if it does get to 30m it's into the top 5 all time totals here in australia. (in AUD)....  it's not touching the top spot here though no where near it... Crocodile Dundee is still way out there on over 47m ... That number isn't gonna get touched for a long long time... only film to make it past 40m in australia... 

Either way i think a top 5 finish is possible here... 

well i don't see anything this week knocking off titanic but i think spice world could eat into titanic's weekend gross - given we keep on hearing how the teen girls are going for it... don't teen girls go in for the spice crap also ?  titanic is gonna drop hard that week and spice girls will probably be on top as sad as it might seem :P

• Like 2

BumpSo just saw new Denzel movie The Fallen. It was ok. Watched it mostly because of Washington but no way this is taking top spot. Titanic has been holding up a lot better after New Years than I thought it would. Damn thing just crashed through 200 like nothing this week and its not slowing down.

(Welp, if this thread is being revived by other people, back to BKBlank)

Phantoms is opening up this weekend. It’s sure gonna be a big hit. I’ve already heard theirs Oscar talk for Ben Affleck :D.

:lol: :lol: :lol:I might've been wrong on TITANIC, but PHANTOMS is bombing hard! Although the Ben Affleck guy has potential... Maybe he'll play SPIDER-MAN in CAMERON's flick, or some other superhero someday... THAT will show he's famous!

• Like 2

(Welp, if this thread is being revived by other people, back to BKBlank)

:lol: :lol: :lol:I might've been wrong on TITANIC, but PHANTOMS is bombing hard! Although the Ben Affleck guy has potential... Maybe he'll play SPIDER-MAN in CAMERON's flick, or some other superhero someday... THAT will show he's famous!

He’s supposed to be in that upcoming film from the director of Bad Boys and the Rock; you know what’s his name Michael Hay? The one about the asteroid that’s about to hit earth, being released the same year as another film called Deep Crash or something, which has a similar plot.

Doesn’t matter though, it’ll flop. There’s no way Michael Hay becomes a billion dollar director. He got lucky with the Rock.

Shame about Phantoms, it looked “great”.

• Like 1

So I’ve heard about this upcoming movie called Desperate Measures with Michael Keaton and Andy Garcia, it’s about some guy who fights in a hospital.

How can this fail? Michael Keaton is such a big draw, and that I’m sure moviegoers will choose it over some schmaltzy thing like Great Expectations.

Any one heard about the upcoming Lost in Space remake. The trailers are so cool.

So I’ve heard about this upcoming movie called Desperate Measures with Michael Keaton and Andy Garcia, it’s about some guy who fights in a hospital.How can this fail? Michael Keaton is such a big draw, and that I’m sure moviegoers will choose it over some schmaltzy thing like Great Expectations.Any one heard about the upcoming Lost in Space remake. The trailers are so cool.

don't know about Michael Keaton multiplicity flopped 2 years ago but Jackie brown did ok back in Christmas,and lost in space I don't know hopefully it won't be like the last tv adaption last summer leave it to beaver

don't know about Michael Keaton multiplicity flopped 2 years ago but Jackie brown did ok back in Christmas,and lost in space I don't know hopefully it won't be like the last tv adaption last summer leave it to beaver

Damn Desperate Measures flopped and Great Expectations made more money than it.

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?

Well at least Keaton has that snowman movie coming out, Jack Frost (are they remaking that straight to DVD horror film that came out a year ago, so soon?), which should be a big hit with the kids.

Seriously how could a Snowman possibly scare the kids?

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

So what do you guys think will do better, Deep Impact or Armageddon? I think,Deep Impact will do better because it will be out first.

Hard to say. Armageddon is a summer release and it has Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck fresh off his Oscar win.  

Thanks bud.   :)

I really loved reading through this thread and suddenly while I was at it I felt like I was back in those days tracking this awesome run by a movie of this scale. How I really wish I was tracking this movies run for real. 

• Like 1