baumer

IM3 Thurs (RTH) 7.6M....Gatsby 3.25 midnights

From the Deadline report, they address the "Tobey Factor" (all 7% of it)

According to a Fandango survey of more than 1,000 Gatsby ticket-buyers, 83% said DiCaprio is the actor they most want to see in the film (8% Carey Mulligan, 7% Tobey Maguire)

Edited by grim22

13-16 would still get it to mid 40s this weekend. That's perfectly good.

I can guarantee right now there's no way it's OD is that low. There's already lots of sellouts for tonight and the buzz is off the charts for this movie. It will also have a huge front-loading factor with the rush to see it. I literally can't see it doing only 10-13m for all of today when the midnights/previews did 3.3m last night. The math doesn't add up.

I can guarantee right now there's no way it's OD is that low. There's already lots of sellouts for tonight and the buzz is off the charts for this movie. It will also have a huge front-loading factor with the rush to see it. I literally can't see it doing only 10-13m for all of today when the midnights/previews did 3.3m last night. The math doesn't add up.

I agree the sellouts are quite strong in the Urban theates

I'd like to know what records Nikki speaks of.  Apparently IM3 set some kind of record last weekend and now GG is setting a record this weekend.  I'm going to have to check the record books.

I'd like to know what records Nikki speaks of.  Apparently IM3 set some kind of record last weekend and now GG is setting a record this weekend.  I'm going to have to check the record books.

Biggest Leonardo DiCaprio opening weekend of 2013

• Like 3

We have been fooled by sellouts many times. Iron Man is surely still playing in the biggest theaters.

But that early numbers are really quite low, I can't see 13m incl. previews happen.

16m, that means it would probably not even open in the 40s.

Edited by Poseidon

"Pic is already is a record-breaker, doing more Thursday 10 PM / Friday midnight business from approximately 2,000 theaters than three other recent female-driven films."

Sounds like some obscure record that nobody was ever checking for. You know, kind of like they do in sports.

What were the 3 other recent female driven films that would even be on the radar?

I like to imagine Baumer going down into a vast cellar lit by candles. To the right, a massive bookshelf against the wall. Rows of large binders with a year written on each of them. Filled by every conceivable box office stat, his fingers gaze them as he tries to select the one he needs to figure out the truth....