#ED

Weekend Estimates - (BO.com forums <3 RTH)

Holy crap, forget Gatsby and IM3, the big story this weekend is Peeples. That thing is bombing hard! I never thought a movie with Tyler Perry's name associated with it would open to only $6-7M for the entire weekend!

• Like 5

IT won't drop that much but people who think IM3 has good WOM are very mistaken 

IMO its reception is very mixed if my crowd is anything to go by 

I expect it to barely top 60 mil this weekend 

People are going to look back on IM3 negatively much like they do IM2. There's really not much going on in the movie when it comes down to it.

• Like 1

I think night showings are going to do very, very well tonight for Gatsby- the audience is mostly young, and most people my age are finishing up a day of classes or finals. It'll blow up in the evening.

I think night showings are going to do very, very well tonight for Gatsby- the audience is mostly young, and most people my age are finishing up a day of classes or finals. It'll blow up in the evening.

Should have a strong 6 and 7 showing since a lot of older people like the book.

Gatsby is probably having quite a big drop (20% - 25%?) tomorrow, but Sunday it may hold well because of Mother's Day. I don't know if this is going to have great legs, this month doesn't have much competition among female-driven movies, but it looks quite frontloaded.

How on earth can a movie look front-loaded this soon?

• Like 1

People are going to look back on IM3 negatively much like they do IM2. There's really not much going on in the movie when it comes down to it.

<3 

Finally I have a comrade in my battle ! 

I disagree. Some people will maybe but a lot won't. It's not a masterpiece by any stretch but it's miles better than IM2 imo.

• Like 2

Best part of that "record" is that it's in comparison to only three recent female-driven films. So. It's the best out of 4. This year. :lol:

Can somebody tell me what those 3 recent movies were?

I don't know what these box office pundits are smoking. Peeples got a sell out.

Regal Union Square though.  Gatsby is selling out and adding shows like mad. IM3 got a couple of sell outs as well.

42 and The Big Wedding even got sell outs, lol.  This theater is bananas!

http://www.fandango.com/regalunionsquarestadium14_aajnk/theaterpage