#ED

Weekend Estimates - (BO.com forums <3 RTH)

is Iron Man 3 really only going to make only in the 40m range this weekend? That would be more than a 70% drop

Its silly fail newbie box office reporting.

Its that GG and IM3 are a horse race today, they are implying it will be close for the weekend. 

http://www.hsx.com/forum/forum.php?id=3&pid=232866

BTC Update GATSB 17/19/14 (50), WEPEP 2.5/3/2 (7.5) IRNM3 (70)

GATSB
Curreent Matinee Gross: 5,066,906
230% Above DARK SHADOWS
-21% below Sex and the CIty 2
44% above Snow With and the Hunstman

WEPEP
Current Matinee Gross: 252,200
-82% below TP Good Deeds
-93% below TP Why did I get Married
-90% below TP Temptation
-73% below Jumping the Broom

• Like 5

Great result for Gatsby, anything near 50 is phenomenal.  I'm really surprised at that Peeples number, should have been great counter programming and Kerry Washington has a huge urban following right now from Scandal.

FRIDAY 1:30 PM UPDATE: My sources now say Warner Bros‘ The Great Gatsby still “looks great” with today’s opening estimates ranging from $13M-$15M inside the studio to a high of at least $16M from rival majors. The weekend is looking as big as high $40sM. Pic is already is a record-breaker, doing more Thursday 10 PM / Friday midnight business from approximately 2,000 theaters than three other recent female-driven films. I’ve learned that early matinees today are very strong with lots of pre-sales, too, as the lush 3D drama expands into 3,535 locations (including over 3,000 3D locations in the mix) this opening weekend.

FRIDAY 1:30 PM UPDATE: My sources now say Warner Bros‘ The Great Gatsby still “looks great” with today’s opening estimates ranging from $13M-$15M inside the studio to a high of at least $16M from rival majors. The weekend is looking as big as high $40sM. Pic is already is a record-breaker, doing more Thursday 10 PM / Friday midnight business from approximately 2,000 theaters than three other recent female-driven films. I’ve learned that early matinees today are very strong with lots of pre-sales, too, as the lush 3D drama expands into 3,535 locations (including over 3,000 3D locations in the mix) this opening weekend.

Most obscure record ever: "Highest midnight business by a female-driven film from approximately 2000 theaters"

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

You really are bored, lol.

• Like 1

Is anyone here actually planning on watching Peeples either this weekend or ever?

I might watch like 15 minutes of it on TV a few years from now

• Like 1