#ED

Weekend Estimates - (BO.com forums <3 RTH)

14-16M is a great Friday number for Gatsby.

Btw, just arrived from Olympus Has Fallen. Shit went down in that one. Amazing.

Yeah it was really good! Well the end was a little whack but it was a total thriller up until that point.

I'm pretty sure RTH has said those two are the biggest two in the world (based on US$ revenue), followed by George St, Sydney.

Biggest in the world? I believe it, but that's still crazy. I remember going to the Empire to see Coraline...which also happened to be opening night of Madea Goes to Jail. That may have been the last time I went there on a big opening weekend.  

Btw, just arrived from Olympus Has Fallen. Shit went down in that one. Amazing.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, but "amazing"?  ;)

Biggest in the world? I believe it, but that's still crazy. I remember going to the Empire to see Coraline...which also happened to be opening night of Madea Goes to Jail. That may have been the last time I went there on a big opening weekend.  

Yeh. Hopefully he can confirm it, but he has mentioned those two in NYC as being the biggest in the world. How close are they to one another?

Friday base should be around 19 million for IM3.

It should end up around 70 million with that. 

It will not get it easy after that but it pretty much assures 35 million 3rd weekend and around 22+ million on memorial day. 

Do like to go there or do prefer other movie theaters.

If it were easy for me to get there, definitely be my cinema of choice. There's a cinema two minutes from my house (which is where I used to work) and I just go there most of the time.

Have you been to the George St., Sydney one?

George Street is helped by being the only proper cinema complex in the CBD.I'll often go there if I want to see something on opening day. I saw IM3 there a few weeks ago. From memory it's got 2 VMAX screens(their version of LieMAX), a dedicated Gold Class area with a bar and 4 screens and another 8 or so screens.Also, it ain't cheap. Oblivion has been out for a month. A 12:50pm session today still costs $19 for an adult. Edited by DeeCee

George Street is helped by being the only proper cinema complex in the CBD.

Yeh, Broadway is about 500m too far out of the heart of CBD to take advantage of it. George St gets Town Hall station and BAMM!!

If it were easy for me to get there, definitely be my cinema of choice. There's a cinema two minutes from my house (which is where I used to work) and I just go there most of the time.

I used to have a movie 3 minutes from me. It was so nice.

I guess in my college town I do but that one is a piece of shit.