chasmmi

Predict a sequel to come at least 10 years after the previous installment...

Recently it seems that it has become the in thing to return to a franchise that hasn't been touched in years to see if there is still any money to be made there.

Examples of this include Indy: KOCS, Die Hard 4, American Wedding, Tron, Rocky 6 and Rambo 4 just to name a few.

With projects like Ghostbusters 3, Star Wars 7, ID4-2 Conan The Geriatric and more to possibly come, what random films do you predict could conceivibly be ressurrected years after their previous installment? (Reboots/remakes don't count).

Try to avoid films that are actually rumoured/happening :)

Possibilities I could see happening include:

Meet the Grandparents

Coming Back to America

Grandfather of the Bride

The return of Roger Rabbit

And I run out of ideas fast as I don't have Hollywood's level of imagination when it comes to finding ways of being unoriginal. 

(Just to clarify I am not claiming any of these concepts to be a good idea, just that these days you never know where the next random 20 years too late sequel could come from.)

In the 40s they remade films that were 5 years old :P I had a thread like this on BOM also :P

Of course there is no such thing as an original concept.

One of the longest it took for a sequel is actually Return to Neverland-49 years after Peter Pan.

Now let's see...

Honey, I Shrunk our Grandkids

Three Men and a 25 year old Graduate

Back to the Future 4 (Which part of me does want)

Home Alone 5: ALONE AGAIN!!!!

You know when I was a kid I wanted tons of films to have sequels :P

Back to the Future 4.. I would see it. if they could get Michael J. Fox back. it could be pretty awesome.

Sign me up too.

Now that MJF is working full time again (he has a sitcom duo up in the fall), maybe there's a chance of it happening.

Thing with BTTF 4 is-part of me wants it, but the other part realizes that the trilogy is basically one long story that has no more to add.

(If you want the closest to a sequel there was a fun BTTF game on the Wii)

Elf 2. Surprised this hasn't happened already. Bad Santa is getting a sequel so why not the family friendly alternative?

Jeepers Creepers 3. This has been stuck in development Hell ever since the second was a hit but I hope it'll happen eventually.

Yeah as I mentioned before I am still surprised that New Line never did announce or even rumor an Elf 2. While I am glad that never happened, Elf was a great film but does not need a sequel. But yes, that is still a surprise they never even rumored it.These were all rumored at one point:Twister 2

Dances with Wolves 2

Gladiator 2

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (Which turned into a short lived TV show)(Now if I was 10 years old I be wanting a Toy Story 4 :lol: