A Marvel Fanboy

2016 Discussion Thread (Gremlins/Goonies In the Works)

Really? Just throwing out 2 names.

Daredevil, Power Man, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones each getting an individual series, and then a Defenders mini-series will tie them all together.

It's the Avengers plan with more screen time, lower budgets, and street characters.

• Like 1

Daredevil, Power Man, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones each getting an individual series, and then a Defenders mini-series will tie them all together.

It's the Avengers plan with more screen time, lower budgets, and street characters.

Need to get off those names, could have said Strange or Inhumans. Was looking at street level heroes looking at DD's old date.

Edited by Neo

If its true that POTCV is going to be released in July what will that mean for the Marvel movie? July 22 is 2 weeks apart, July 29 is better being 3 weeks out. What if POTCV gets dated on July 8 like it did back in 2006/2003. With BvS taking the May 6 spot will this force Marvel to move their movies once again?

If its true that POTCV is going to be released in July what will that mean for the Marvel movie? July 22 is 2 weeks apart, July 29 is better being 3 weeks out. What if POTCV gets dated on July 8 like it did back in 2006/2003. With BvS taking the May 6 spot will this force Marvel to move their movies once again?

I see POTC 5 July,22nd it's the better date. For the Marvel of July 8th, could go to July,1st and taking advantage of the Independence Day week-end (especially if it's Cap3). I think it's a sequel either Cap3 or Thor 3 or even The Inhumans ("sequel" to GOTG). Could totally challenge Fox and its Independence Day 2 slated July, 1st (which can't really be moved outside this week-end btw). 22 days between MU and POTC 5 should be sufficient. Or you can still move this MU to November (slot of Thor TDW).

For the May 6th MU (I suppose it's Doctor Strange), they should put it in April, it's empty for now except The Mummy (April, 22nd). They can also go ballsy and place one of the MU in Memorial Day forcing X-Men Apocalypse to move and in the middle of B/S, XMA and TASM3. Better be a sequel (Thor 3 or CA3) to do that I suppose.

Last problem for Disney is Dory which is slated the same day than HTTYD3. They should stay there and wait the results of HTTYD2 to decide if they move or not (and see if FOX moves).

For Paramount and Star Trek 3, I think they should take either July,22nd if Disney doesn't take it (but where put POTC ? It's a summer movie, you don't place a movie about the Carribean in November ;) ) or go in November (Thanksgiving is free of blockbusters even if it's not really a YA movie, others things can work too). We could expect a WWZ2 and TF5 from Paramount too. TF5 (2 years after TF4, classic for the franchise) should be their big summer movie and its classic late June release date is available. 

The logic would want to have a new Nolan movie in 2016 too (2 years between them each time). Considering the late 2014 release date of Interstellar, should go to late 2016 (November or December certainly or October "Gravity-style")

Edited by Shaldun

I see POTC 5 July,22nd it's the better date. For the Marvel of July 8th, could go to July,1st and taking advantage of the Independence Day week-end (especially if it's Cap3). I think it's a sequel either Cap3 or Thor 3 or even The Inhumans ("sequel" to GOTG). Could totally challenge Fox and its Independence Day 2 slated July, 1st (which can't really be moved outside this week-end btw). 22 days between MU and POTC 5 should be sufficient. Or you can still move this MU to November (slot of Thor TDW).

For the May 6th MU (I suppose it's Doctor Strange), they should put it in April, it's empty for now except The Mummy (April, 22nd). They can also go ballsy and place one of the MU in Memorial Day forcing X-Men Apocalypse to move and in the middle of B/S, XMA and TASM3. Better be a sequel (Thor 3 or CA3) to do that I suppose.

Last problem for Disney is Dory which is slated the same day than HTTYD3. They should stay there and wait the results of HTTYD2 to decide if they move or not (and see if FOX moves).

For Paramount and Star Trek 3, I think they should take either July,22nd if Disney doesn't take it (but where put POTC ? It's a summer movie, you don't place a movie about the Carribean in November ;) ) or go in November (Thanksgiving is free of blockbusters even if it's not really a YA movie, others things can work too). We could expect a WWZ2 and TF5 from Paramount too. TF5 (2 years after TF4, classic for the franchise) should be their big summer movie and its classic late June release date is available. 

The logic would want to have a new Nolan movie in 2016 too (2 years between them each time). Considering the late 2014 release date of Interstellar, should go to late 2016 (November or December certainly or October "Gravity-style")

How is Inhumans a sequel to Guardians?

Thank god cause who hasn't been clamoring for this to happen. It's about damn time.  :ph34r:

I would actually not mind a Transporter 4 with Statham. But a reboot? Makes no sense. 

Instead we are getting The Mechanic 2. Whatever.