CJohn

Ferdinand | 12/15/17 | Blue Sky - JOHN CENA IS FERDINAND

1 hour ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

BlueSky has several originals that were well-received enough by critics and not in the ”Rotten”-territory.

RT-ratings:

Robots = 63%

Horton Hears a Who = 79%

Rio = 72%

Epic = 65%

Peanuts Movie = 87%

Probably sounds about right for Ferdinand. The buzz could put it ahead of Boss Baby and DM3 for awards season. Low bar, though.

• Like 1

Hitler banned it; Gandhi loved it: ‘The Story of Ferdinand,’ the book and, now, film

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/hitler-banned-it-gandhi-loved-it-the-story-of-ferdinand-the-book-and-now-film/2017/12/11/43a03e8c-de7f-11e7-bbd0-9dfb2e37492a_story.html?utm_term=.a2bc42aac015

The original book caused some controversy in its day.

I don't like lazy marketing. The spots I keep getting for this are nothing but a shot of John Cena in the booth, then the bull dancing to terrible Latin dubstep. And then the title card. That's it.

That is not how you SELL a movie. I have seen better car commercials lately, and they are generally terrible. Put some effort into your product.

• Like 2

Just now, CJohn said:

Of course. Ferdinand is a must see event picture with good intentions. Star Wars is a greedy product use to attract the sheep audience.

I thought you’d leave after Wonder did $100M

• Like 1

On 12/5/2017 at 9:23 PM, MrGamer2558 said:

The Disney machine can figure out how to get Ice Age back off the ground if they really wanted to. It would be another potential merchandising opportunity. 

Ice Age 6: Olaf's Icy Adventure

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

If the reviews are reportedly good why is Fox dragging it's heels with the embargo when this movie needs all the positive news it can get opening against TLJ? 

I suspect they're not going to end up that good in any event. Metacritic's only 63.

• Thanks 1

I didn't think that studios could go after things with less actual content than Seuss stories, but they managed with this film.  I mean the book it's based on is only 36 pages long and most of that page content is illustration.  In fact, the 1938 disney short pretty much just read the book over the animation.  There's really not much to The Story of Ferdinand.

Edited by Sal
  • Like 1