theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

I predicted 88m for the 3 day months ago, and everyone was laughing. Now im even too low. 

I predicted 90M 4-day and I was being generous, but if I had went lower I would've had whiners.

• Like 1

Okay I'm going to explain this entire thread in one post.

Trek is disapointing.

Or not.

Oh no it is!

How is the weather?

Where is RTH?Yay its going to have a 30M Friday!

Oh crap, RTH was wrong.

How Trek is not exactly for the GA

What is a flop?

What is not a flop

Other movies that are playing

Trek is still doing worse then we thought

What if this was on a Friday? We may never know

Next weekend.

• Like 1

Good to see all the Trek supporters now hoping in the car with the Fast supporters. Kinda fake to do now after these numbers, but hey we have enough seats. Riding > dying.

Edited by jandrew

This won't top the first Twilight

But Twilight is Twilight. Even the first movie was a monster and made a killing at the box office compared to expectations. This isn't even talking about the sequels. :ph34r: 

Oh the Starkanite is back.

This from the person who haunted the IM3 OW threads trying to generate some faux panic over the numbers until it became obvious what a hit the film was. Why aren't you posting that po-faced "O woe is we!" crap here? Surely if a $174M OW sent you into a frenzy of crocodile tears, a sub-$70M one should have you crying a damn river. 

Posted Image

• Like 3

Somebody must have said this even though I haven't seen it, but does any one else think JJ might be a bit overexposed? I can see the Episode 7 news turning of Trek fans since it seems as if JJ's loyalty has waned. People are looking for reasons to explain the disappointing numbers but have we ever seen such a high profile sequel where the director has essentially announced that he is leaving the franchise before the films release? The combination of this and the fact that his name has been placed on so many projects might have made this film less of a must see event and more of "another JJ Abrahms project" and one in which he, himself, seems a bit dispassionate about. I feel this is related to the films performance. Episode 7 kind of replaced this as JJ's next must see film.Also want to add that I am happy JJ is taking on Star Wars since his ability to extend projects off of the big screen was severely limited by the relationship between Paramount and CBS.http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/how-web-star-trek-rights-killed-jj-abrams-grand-ambitions-91766

• Like 1

Major sequels that saw a decline in recent years to films that were liked/loved:

Iron Man 2 (Not as much as the other films though)

Iron Man 2 did fine. It only had a small decrease DOM, yet people keep calling it a flop for some reason. People need to remember the huge decrease that Spider-Man 2 had to the original Spider-man. At this point, Iron Man has become the 300M superhero. This means he is right after Batman and Spider-man, not bad at all. :D

• Like 1

Iron Man 2 did fine. It only had a small decrease DOM, yet people keep calling it a flop for some reason. People need to remember the huge decrease that Spider-Man 2 had to the original Spider-man. At this point, Iron Man has become the 300M superhero. This means he is right after Batman and Spider-man, not bad at all. :D

Wow you just quoted a post from a while back :PBut yeah it was a film people called it a flop for some odd reason.