theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

82-85M is pretty decent, yeah? Especially considering the meltdown people were having yesterday that it might come in even lower than that.

It isn`t 85M 3 day but 4 day. Not impressive at all considering 3D bump.

82-85M is pretty decent, yeah? Especially considering the meltdown people were having yesterday that it might come in even lower than that.

Considering ticket price inflation, added 3D, and being a sequel to a very well-received film, it's pretty disappointing.

Pretty disappointed with how this has played out. I thought it was a lot better than ST09, but I guess it just didn't reach out to many :/

It's certainly one of the more interesting What Went Wrong openings. Even now no-one can agree what really happened. I'd love to be a fly on the Paramount office wall right now.

Edited by Hatebox

The Saturday increase was also pretty disappointing. It should have done more, like 35-40%. Now it has a pretty good chance at missing $70 million for the three-day weekend.

Hopefully the Sunday drop won't be too big, and maybe then $70M 3 day is likely.

It isn`t 85M 3 day but 4 day. Not impressive at all considering 3D bump.

I know it's for 4-day, and it's ultimately underwhelming, no matter how people may look it.

But as johnnygossamer said, there were some concerns after the Friday number that it might not even reach 80M so in a sense, at least it didn't further disappoint?  I mean, mid-80s is better than mid-70s (which was briefly in the cards after that Friday number).

Considering ticket price inflation, added 3D, and being a sequel to a very well-received film, it's pretty disappointing.

THIS.

Don't forget 4 years of inflation and 3d ticket prices.

Hepatitis C will get gangbanged next week end by Vin Gas oil and a giraffe, in an EPIC way.

• Like 1

It's certainly one of the more interesting What Went Wrong openings. Even now no-one can agree what really happened. I'd love to be a fly on the Paramount office wall right now.

Not true. Marketign focused on a complete unknown (villain and actor) is to blame the most but Cumbercrowd won`t admit it. Please read old posts on STID thread and you`ll see many people claiming that such focus was brilliant and would put butts in seats because eevryone was going to be intrigued...by yet another Lector wannabe. Yeah.

THIS.

Don't forget 4 years of inflation and 3d ticket prices.

Hepatitis C will get gangbanged next week end by Vin Gas oil and a giraffe, in an EPIC way.

Iron Man 3 = HIV. It's unstoppable.

Pain & Gain = Polio. It's stoppable :lol:

Exec 1: Needed more Channing Tatum.

Exec 2: More Tatum!!!

Exec 3: Guys, maybe we alienated the Trekkies while failing to re-capture the novelty of the first Nu Trek.

CEO: .....Exec 3...

Exec 3:   Yes?

CEO: You're fired.

• Like 1