theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

Baumer is anti Trekkie!?

I don't think so, baumer just knows it's gonna have worse legs than ST09. Like (almost!) everyone else does

• Like 2

I'm rooting for Star Trek to have great legs every day and twice on Sunday, but the only way it gets a 3x multiplier is if After Earth and the Purge fall way below my expectations, giving STID fantastic third and fourth weekends to operate in. 

If he liked Twilight, but hated Trek I would have gotten out the pitchforks. :lol:

I like Twilight as a series more than what I have seen out of the two ST films so far.  ST09 was good, but this one, not so much.

As for legs, next weekend it's up against two juggernauts, then After Earth which is the same audience, then a reprieve, the MOS...that's a lot of competition.

How on earth is IM3 going to miss $400m? It'll hit it.

With 3 films potentially grossing 200M+, IM3 will be forgotten. I expect a big drop during memorial weekend. Look at Oblivion when IM3 was released.....

With 3 films potentially grossing 200M+, IM3 will be forgotten. I expect a big drop during memorial weekend. Look at Oblivion when IM3 was released.....

You hit it on the head: Memorial Day weekend. It's not gonna have a big drop.

• Like 3

As for legs, next weekend it's up against two juggernauts, then After Earth which is the same audience, then a reprieve, the MOS...that's a lot of competition.

I sill have my doubts about After Earth. If the story focuses too much on the kid and not Will Smith, WOM might suffer.MOS will be more of a threat to IM3 since they have the same audience.

Look at the numbers from any May ever, memorial weekend is gonna be kind to IM3

It'd be an epic collapse if it did miss 400m. It's over 32m ahead of THG at its 14 day point. I don't see THG closing that much of a gap despite how good its late legs were.

Let's say they have pretty much the same third weekend. THG had the following drops from then onwards: 36%, 30%, 26%.

IM3 will likely to have over 40% each weekend. 

Look further ahead, THG did an extra 25m from the weekend where IM3 gets MoS. I don't see IM3 doing the third of that.  

Edited by Alfred Beyond The Pines

I sill have my doubts about After Earth. If the story focuses too much on the kid and not Will Smith, WOM might suffer.

MOS will be more of a threat to IM3 since they have the same audience.

Posted Image

• Like 2