theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

Oz, IM3, F&F, MoS, MU, DM2, Thor, CF, Floppit

That's 9. If anything breaks out Trek is missing the year's top 10

Thor is easily going to do over 180-190M DOM.

• Like 2

I remember Dex called for Trek disappointing last week when IM3 held well and TGG broke out. He said along the lines of "something gotta gives". Looks like he's right after all.

I believe 'something's gotta give' were my words actually.  :)

Having said that, I really had no idea it would open this poorly. I was thinking 80m for the 3-day and 100m for the 4-day. 

• Like 3

Is May 2013 still looking like biggest of all time? If any 2013 month is going to break a monthly record, it has to be May or June or November

No-1 word-Avengers.

Best answer i can give is that ST09 was a novelty. Trek was never that big a franchise. This means the novelty has worn off.

• Like 3

Is May 2013 still looking like biggest of all time? If any 2013 month is going to break a monthly record, it has to be May or June or November

November is probably the best bet at this point

Is it too late to replace JJ Abrams with Brad Bird for Star Wars? Man, he would have done an amazing job.

I still think J.J. will still do an amazing job.

Brad Bird is one of my fav directors, but my only only gripe about him is that he doesn't quite give the audience an emotional connection to the characters as well as other directors.  Great action, great story movement, great styling--just superb at everything else.

He is probably a better fit, though, than Abrams, since he (Bird) can cater to the younger audience very well without making it "kiddy", which would be perfect for Star Wars.  But oh well, maybe they'll go back to having different directors and he'll do Episode 8.

STiD just had a wrong release date, it's going to get cannibalized next week. At least I won't be the only one to get screwed in the BSG for this week and for the long term. Misery loves company and I've a lot of company.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1