druv10

Wednesday: Hangover 3 ($3.1m Wed+Thu sneaks), STID 5.3M, TGG 2.3M, IM3 2.2M

While I'm certainly still seeing a big drop from TH2 overall, let's also keep in mind the release date change came fairly late whereas TH2 was long-planned for a Thursday open.

Funny note: even WB's e-mail this morning stated "Thursday Late shows". :lol:

But as I said over in the Hangover-Thread:Hangover is a movie you can market perfectly via Social Media.

It has 25m fans on Facebook, that's quite a lot of people reading that release date changed to thursday.

Yes, we have to wait until friday, but we also have to consider, that there are movies, that managed to open to under 30m after 4,5m worth of previews. (Hangover obviously wouldn't do that)

And on friday we've got Fast 6 opening, so...

Edited by Poseidon

It may sound like spin, but it's true. The Thursday date change WAS a big factor in the drop. I hate to bring a personal anecdote into this, but one of my best buddies considers the Hangover series to be by far his favorite movies- and when I asked him about it, he had no damn clue that the third one came out today. He was geared up to see it with a big group tomorrow. So I really do think it has an effect.

It may sound like spin, but it's true. The Thursday date change WAS a big factor in the drop. I hate to bring a personal anecdote into this, but one of my best buddies considers the Star Trek series to be by far his favorite movies- and when I asked him about it, he had no damn clue that the third one came out today. He was geared up to see it with a big group tomorrow. So I really do think it has an effect.

• Founder / Operator

But as I said over in the Hangover-Thread:Hangover is a movie you can market perfectly via Social Media.

It has 25m fans on Facebook, that's quite a lot of people reading that release date changed to thursday.

Yes, we have to wait until friday, but we also have to consider, that there are movies, that managed to open to under 30m after 4,5m worth of previews. (Hangover obviously wouldn't do that)

And on friday we've got Fast 6 opening, so...

Like I said, I'm not seeing a HUGE rebound for it. A little less front-loaded, maybe, but the release change is a big factor that can't be ignored until we have more verifiable information beyond just preview numbers.

• Founder / Operator

I don't care if people didn't know it opened today. Furious 6 hits TONIGHT. This NEEDS a good Thursday to stay alive.

I mostly agree, but, even TH2 with "eh" word of mouth wasn't much more front-loaded than Fast Five with great WOM. I think we all know F6 is the "must see" movie this weekend--if general audiences all feel that way, TH3 could theoretically end up back-loaded. (The reviews don't indicate it, but, I don't know how audiences are responding to it yet.)

Edited by ShawnMR

^_^

I'm sticking with 12/17/16/14.5/9.5. Partly because I think it's plausible and the idea of it making 69 makes me laugh.

So it will make STID money in 5 days.

• Like 1

There will, no doubt, be a rebound today. But again... many in the general public aren't aware of the bump to today. Most are under the impression it opens tomorrow (or tonight at midnight, if you will).

Not expecting miracles especially with the sleeping giant about to awake. AKA Fast 6.

• Like 1

So, Hangover III is off to a good start.  And by good start I mean way off from Part II.

I think it will still rebound nicely.  I had a lot of the people that came last night mention they didn't like the second one, but were hoping this is better.

• Like 1

It may sound like spin, but it's true. The Thursday date change WAS a big factor in the drop. I hate to bring a personal anecdote into this, but one of my best buddies considers the Star Trek series to be by far his favorite movies- and when I asked him about it, he had no damn clue that the third one came out today. He was geared up to see it with a big group tomorrow. So I really do think it has an effect.

While this is a fair point, Star Trek ended up with an 85 million four day coming off the same midnight number. It may have been a let down, but it did still jump 100% on Friday While that was very disappointing for Trek, I think considering the competition over the weekend, HO3 can still do decently.

TH3 could theoretically end up back-loaded. (The reviews don't indicate it, but, I don't know how audiences are responding to it yet.)

Haha here is some response.

This is what everyone is calling so funny in the after credits. Poor Stu. https://twitter.com/...4164352/photo/1

I will say this, my hardest laugh, of Hangover 3, was after the credits. Eh.

Hangover 3 was brilliant lmfaooooooooo. Chow is my hero

Hangover 3 was pure trash only like 2 really funny parts the plot was dumb af

Hangover 3 was funny, and it takes a lot for a movie to make me laugh. I think everyone should go watch it!

Hangover 3 was by far the best one yet

Haha hangover 3 was a mindfuck indeed .

The Hangover 3 was a huge disappointment

Everybody saying the hangover 3 was wack lol <--- WOM already getting around

Hangover 3 was decent expected better tho

So I'm hearing that Hangover 3 was trash. Anyone else care to weigh in?

disappointed in the bad reviews for hangover 3, seeing it tonight and was hoping it would be good!

Hang Over part 3 was definitely a waste of my time last night!”

Hangover 3 was the fuckin greatest lol

Hangover 3 was fucking shit

Homie told me hangover 3 was POO smh”

Well that was a massive disappointment! Hangover 3 has got to be the biggest let down of the year in terms of movies!!

The Hangover 3 Was Funny But They Lost The Plot & It Was TOO Much FUCKERY. Dont Go Waste $10 Or However Much They Charge In Your Area

soooo Hangover 3 was trash?

Hangover 3 was funny, of course not hangover 1 funny but still goodThe after credit scene of hangover 3 was the best bit in the movie!

He bet us that Hangover 3 was gonna make more in the box office than Fast 6 smh lmaoo #tmlt <--- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FAIL

Hangover 3 was pretty decent. A lot of dumb laughs and some cool twists. I'd see it again for sure.

Hangover 3 was better than the second by far, but of course can't beat the first one

Hangover 3 Funny As Idk What Smh I Was Dying Laughing Until I Fell Asleep

Hangover 3 was seriously the best movie I have EVER saw. <3 #amazzzzing

I was kind of upset how dry Hangover 3 was "@iamMisterKING: Fast and the Furious 6 > The Hangover Part III"

'Hangover 3 sucked' is trending... Well that's disappointing :(

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1