#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

Well it seems that we have a bit too many sci fis this year-so AE will probably be the biggest one not named Trek, but not exactly a huge film though.

Watchman had a bigger 5 day and barely crossed 100 m.

Very true but this is in the Summer. And we don't know it's 5 day yet ;)

At least I don't have to listen to the Hangover fanboys anymore who were always twisting its numbers for part 2.

There's the one kid in my Newspaper class who is ridiculously hyped for After Earth; he says that Jaden Smith and Will Smith are the best actors of all time and he would've seen STID if Will was Kirk and Jaden was Spock... I wish I was joking. :sick:

• Like 3

Well it seems that we have a bit too many sci fis this year-so AE will probably be the biggest one not named Trek, but not exactly a huge film though.

I'm thinking it will have a disappointing domestic gross but overseas could save it, kind of like Trek 2.

Will Smith still has quite a bit of pull overseas.

There's the one kid in my Newspaper class who is ridiculously hyped for After Earth; he says that Jaden Smith and Will Smith are the best actors of all time and he would've seen STID if Will was Kirk and Jaden was Spock... I wish I was joking. :sick:

Christ. Next time you see that guy...

Posted Image

• Like 2

Beat some sense into him in the parking lot after school.

• Like 1

We haven't had a good ship vs. ship battle since Star Trek VI. Nemesis' space battle was decent I guess (one of the few non-suck things about the film) but the space fights in ST09 and STID have basically been "uber ship pounds on Enterprise/Kelvin/etc" for a minute or two.

I was hoping for something to top EMPIRE STRIKES BACK Falcon asteroid chase, or the Boba Fett vs Obi Wan dogfight in ATTACK OF CLONES. But I guess we have to wait for another few years for SW7 or TREK3. OBLIVION has a very good dogfight but too little too late