#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

Irvine Spectrum

Sell Outs

F6-1

Epic-1

Ho3-1

I don't know what's going on. OC seems kind of slow tonight. Not many sell outs. This theater is one of the busiest in the nation.

Edited by ECSTASY

I thought they extrapolate from matinee numbers and make a projection based on those trends.

Yes at different points in time see what matinee and early evening is like and then project but you need at least some or a lot of historical data (have done posts about it in past), so lets say at 5pm a figure is 2m on one film that could be 25% of day business but on another its 35 and another its 18% matinee tracking (or really hourlies as its know) is also only a sample of theatres usually no more that 1/2 of total playing. If a film is opening big just being a  couple % of in projection could throw you hundreds of thousand or millions off. Does it do better EC or WC or similar is it kids film vs adult, comedy vs action,did the film have midnights or not, is it a holiday or going into one, is Canada or USA on hols and the other not, number of total theatres playing etc etc . If you just see a number you know shit without comparisons to aid in coming up with something (ie STID had at one point in time very similar number as F5 (afterward a bigger seperation between the two) but end of day F5 34m and stid 22), when actuals start coming in similar thing( although benchmarks are better) and the theatre count is closer to 100% at end of day.

Edited by Rth
  • Like 11

This is me. Posted Image

Guys, my mind is so scrambled, I forgot to turn on my lights driving home till I got flashed, and even then I couldn't figure out why the hell they were flashing me. I immediately called my girlfriend and freaked out. That was HOLY SHIT FUCKING INSANE. Guys, like you don't even know. I was expecting a step up from Fast 5, but DAMN they climbed the whole latter! I hate to say this, but I just don't know how Fast 7 can top this. I feel like they've done everything.

That was more enjoyable than Avengers (sorry Marvelites) and the crowd loved it. It was all smiles walking out of the theater from everyone. This is a fucking million quadrant movie. I live in South Carolina, and the Hispanic population is growing, but its still nowhere on the level of Texas, Cali, even NY, but I swear Hispanic's made up at least 30% of the audience. There was senior citizens, teenagers, FAMILIES, babies, kids. In fact there were so many kids, it was almost annoying. Little boys behind me wouldn't shut up and I looked back and they smacked their teeth. Little bastards. A child whined for a few minutes in the back and other kids throw out talked kinda loudly. I was like "yalls little asses need to be in EPIC". All races and ages were repped.

My theater insanely crowded. There was a huge line, and not trying to be "racist", but since it was full of Hispanics, I'm expecting it was for Fast 6. Inside and out, the place was packed to the brim. It's good to see people still heading to the movies. Luckily my theater is indy so my student ticket was only $8, and adult tickets are $9 (+$3 for 3D). This movie did what sequels are supposed to do - still be the same movie without bringing more of the same. I loved it and I'm sure this will be a 2013 favorite amongst the GA. I'll write a review on my blog soon. Seriously though, even if you hate F&F, if you love stylized action, get you ass to the theater!!!!!!!

This is going to be an insane weekend for movies. Even Hangover will contribute a dollar or two. Summer is hereeee.

I'm following you now
  • Like 1

But remember west coast will do great for F6. Just look at IM3, TGG both underestimated. I expect the number to rise to near 40M, once west coast kicks in.  :D

Plus, I'll wait for Rth to confirm this number.  :worthy:

40 M would be great.

The people surely loved it.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Yes at different points in time see what matinee and early evening is like and then project but you need at least some or a lot of historical data (have done posts about it in past), so lets say at 5pm a figure is 2m on one film that could be 25% of day business but on another its 35 and another its 18% matinee tracking (or really hourlies as its know) is also only a sample of theatres usually no more that 1/2 of total playing. If a film is opening big just being a  couple % of in projection could throw you hundreds of thousand or millions off. Does it do better EC or WC or similar is it kids film vs adult, comedy vs action,did the film have midnights or not, is it a holiday or going into one, is Canada or USA on hols and the other not, number of total theatres playing etc etc . If you just see a number you know shit without comparisons to aid in coming up with something (ie STID had at one point in time very similar number as F5 (afterward a bigger seperation between the two) but end of day F5 34m and stid 22), when actuals start coming in similar thing( although benchmarks are better) and the theatre count is closer to 100% at end of day.

Wow thank you for that post! A lot goes into making these projections. So interesting

I predicted Epic doing into the 40's. Eventhough we hate all the pop star voices and odd look of it, I still knew it was going to click with the GA. What looks stupid to us will probably look absolutely hilarious to kids.

I predicted Epic doing into the 40's. Eventhough we hate all the pop star voices and odd look of it, I still knew it was going to click with the GA. What looks stupid to us will probably look absolutely hilarious to kids.

The 3d on it is out of this world.

• Like 1