baumer

4 and 3 day Actuals thread (Memorial Weekend 2013)

You mean 4 day over AE total ... if so, I could see it happening very easily if AE debuts under 40 million.  No way that film makes more than 120 million without 50+ weekend given MOS 2 weeks later.

117 is great for F&F6 ... 47 for STID is also great. THO3 is just terrible.

LOL That works.

But I meant FF6 2nd weekend vs After Earth.

LOL That works.

But I meant FF6 2nd weekend vs After Earth.

Oh ... well, yeah I think FF6 will still be looking @ 60% drop ... F5 dropped 62.  Still would be 35+ second weekend ... and I have doubts AE can beat that.  It might be close.

Edited by agkman

Thank goodness, it needs all the help it can get.  ;)

Woohoo my $10.50 going to good use.  

I think 55% is the absolute minimum. The bigger the drop the better.

Yeah I don't like to root against a movie often and even when I do I feel guilty, but THO3 I'll make the exception ;)   The movie is just pretty bad from what I heard...

• Like 1

Fast and Furious Series 2nd Weekend Drops:

The Fast and The Furious: -50.0%

2 Fast 2 Furious: -63.0%

The Fast and The Furious Tokyo Drift: -59.1%

Fast and Furious: -61.6%

Fast Five: -62.4%

Star Trek is a bigger diss appointment than Hangover since everyone was expecting it to increase over the first while most predicted Hangover would come below its predecessors

See, this is where perception continues to affect reality for some. 

Star Trek 11 did something amazing, it generated a larger audience explosion right there. The expectation that it was going to increase again was a pixie dust wish. Those expecting another increase didn't fully understand just how maxed out the Trek audience was at it's best($90m film) so that when it tripled that...it was a unique thing unto itself. 

This is why Star Trek 12 is a bona fide hit, not a disappointment. We Trek fans should only be so lucky if Trek settles back down into a new normal of being a $140-60m dollar per film expectation. A leveling off was what I expected and it's doing just fine. 

I haven't settled on a percentage drop yet but I expect Furious 6 to gross $40M+ this weekend. What was the actual weekend and holiday frame... Has that been reported offically yet?

It will end up at 40m with 57-58% drop...Fast 5 had to face Thor in its second outing...Lack of genuine competition can help fast 6 to keep it below 60% drop i feel

• Like 1