#ED

Wednesday Numbers (FF6 - 5.7M; TH3 - 3.1M; STID - 2.7M)

Nothing for IM3 yet?

THO3 and TGG are WB's. They're quick to give estimates. Disney, not so much. FF6, STID numbers come from Rth, no Epic number either.
  • Like 1

Olympus is down to 68 theaters according to BOM and at $97m, I just don't think they can milk enough out of it to get to $100m. 

Can they? 

Unfortunately it becomes another Gnomeo and Juliet.  :angry:

• Like 1

Olympus is down to 68 theaters according to BOM and at $97m, I just don't think they can milk enough out of it to get to $100m. Can they?

Maybe if they get a dollar theater release for several weeks? Too bad they can't do double features like Disney can with IM3 and Oz. Oz has been extending its run since IM3 release and added another 5M or so.
  • Like 1

Olympus is down to 68 theaters according to BOM and at $97m, I just don't think they can milk enough out of it to get to $100m. 

Can they? 

I really hope the studio is going to push and send it past 100M...

• Like 1

TH3 had the same drop as TH2. So if it follows the same pattern it will drop 55-57% this weekend.

If it follows Hangover 2 patterns all the way, it's going to earn just over 130M... which is...acceptable. Sucks that the budget is 103M which means they'll need some good overseas grosses to cut even. This is definitely the last Hangover movie. The only thing I hate is that Cooper's image will suffer a bit following this movie.

• Like 1

So what, Trek 2 will do about... $18-$20M this weekend?

If it doesn't drop more than it should, yeah... just somewhere around the 18M mark. It'll cruise past 200M and stop at around 210-220M I think.

• Like 1

Maybe if they get a dollar theater release for several weeks? Too bad they can't do double features like Disney can with IM3 and Oz. Oz has been extending its run since IM3 release and added another 5M or so.

Smart strategy by Disney. IM3's run will also be extended with MU and Labor day weekend. I think it still has legit shot at DMC domestically. 

• Like 2