#ED

Wednesday Numbers (FF6 - 5.7M; TH3 - 3.1M; STID - 2.7M)

Olympus is down to 68 theaters according to BOM and at $97m, I just don't think they can milk enough out of it to get to $100m. Can they?

Sure they COULD. Remember when T4 jumped about 2000% on the day another studio movie opened? The question is do they really care?

That's what I am interested in. To see whether it can hit 400m before MoS arrives. I am rooting for it to do so.  :)

me too! Go Iron Man make that money. 

• Like 2

Boy, that Fast 6 # seems kind of low ... while Hangover is not totally tanking like I thought it would after the initial #s.  Well, it's still tanking, but not free falling each day.

Edited by agkman
  • Like 1

As a consolation to its frontloadedness though, I believe it's the only franchise to have a sequel that opened bigger and had better legs.

Just off the top of my head I know Goblet of Fire had a bigger opening and better legs than Prisoner of Azkaban.

Edit: Wouldn't Skyfall count as well?

Edited by blackspider

I guess Identity Thief tanked as well. People need to get their brain fixed when call Hangover 3 a flop. It's disappointing for sure compared to the first two, but at the end of the day it's a comedy and for it to hit 125m is a good number. On what planet does that total considered as a flop? If it's performing like TH2 it might become the highest grossing comedy of the year. Hopefully The Heat will break out and beat it, though. 

The FF6 and ST2 race is exciting.

Edited by Alfred Beyond The Pines