#ED

Wednesday Numbers (FF6 - 5.7M; TH3 - 3.1M; STID - 2.7M)

Identity Thief, the reigning comedy hit of the year. TH3 might beat it. Damn, hard to decide which films sucked more. Sincerely hope that The Heat will break out. Melissa is on fire, that's for sure!

The Heat will probably break out cause the same low brow audience who finds Bridesmaids and Identity Thief funny will get plenty of vulgar tirades for the sake of vulgarity in The Heat. I know I saw it last week at a sneak.

Look, I can string a bunch of swear words together and say them to someone in an effort to embarrass or humiliate them. Hilarity. 

I'm not offended by vulgarity but I find it to be a sign you got nothing else to offer. 

IT was a piece of trash, but Bridesmaids was absolutely hilarious, you can't compare the two. If there's a film that flopped this weekend that is Epic.

Epic performed exactly as expected, TH3 underperformed badly.

Epic has a $93M budget...

That's too high for it. Won't make a lot of profit, plus its total will be way lower than other films of its genre. Hangover 3 on the other hand will make more profit and will be one of the highest grossing comedy of the year.

How is Jack a flop though when nobody expected it to do good?

You're confused by the Floppit craze. A flop has nothing to do with expectations, but performance. JTGS is at 197.5m WW against a 195m budget (BOM #). That's a flop bordering on bomb status.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1