#ED

Weekend Estimate #s FF6: 34.5 NYSM 27.8 AE: 27.3 TH3: 15.9

Bombs away...and I agree this is the Smith clan's fault...M.Night's name is no where to be found in any trailers, TV spots or marketing, and he was told to direct a cookie cutter sci-fi movie and let Will and son handle selling the movie and he did. The Sixth Sense, Signs, Unbreakable, and Village M.Night is dead and he's a shit director now, but this bomb ain't on him.

• Like 2

Who would've thought Will Smith in a sci-fi movie with his son would only be less appealing than Will Smith in Seven Pounds? 

I imagine Big Willy is going to stick to sequels for the rest of his career. 

• Like 2

Who would've thought Will Smith in a sci-fi movie with his son would only be less appealing than Will Smith in Seven Pounds? 

I imagine Big Willy is going to stick to sequels for the rest of his career. 

he should take risks like Tom Cruise. It worked out for Tom Cruise why is Will Smith afraid to. 

Whitta was the main writer.The original screenplay was written by Gary Whitta based on an idea by Will Smith. In pre-production, director M. Night Shyamalan did a few drafts of the screenplay to familiarize himself with the material, before passing it over to Stephen Gaghan, who stayed on as the chief screenwriter during production. Mark Boal, writer of The Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty, also worked on the script.The original idea for the film was about a father and son on a camping trip. The son would've had to make his way through the forest to find help for the father after the car they were traveling in careened off the road. Realizing that the idea had greater potential, producer Will Smith and screenwriter Gary Whitta decided to adapt the basic survival concept into a much larger science-fiction project.Also from IMDB

That original idea has a great indie film centered around a rising star buried in it somewhere. Make it all naturalist and minimalist and tight/lean in length/dialogue/etc and you're set.

• Like 1

You Trek fans better hope Nikki is dead wrong about her weekend projection. That would be a horrible hold. 

Nikki hasn't even given us an actual Friday number guess for anything so it's just the Box Wine talking

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

Wait so is it now officially acceptable to hate Jaden Smith? If you're a twat when you're 12 you'll be a twat at 16.

Hey, I'm on record as hating him long before other people joined in. He's a big reason I wanted AE to fail hard. Posted Image

• Like 1

Well LADY IN THE WATER only made 72.8 M worldwide.

LITW was written while MNS had just dropped shrooms, not slept for 72 hours, had no food, water and very little air and then he did 27 lines of Coke.  The first draft was then written for that movie.  He stayed with that draft and filmed it.

• Like 4

LITW was written while MNS had just dropped shrooms, not slept for 72 hours, had no food, water and very little air and then he did 27 lines of Coke.  The first draft was then written for that movie.  He stayed with that draft and filmed it.

... ignoring Nina Jacobson's advice to rewrite.

• Like 1