#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

I haven't been to an IMAX many times, but after each visit my ears felt like they'd endured a rock concert.

I've been to IMAX quite a few times, and this was the loudest movie I've ever been to. Then again, that's probably because the "quiet" scenes last all of a minute before going to a 15-20 minute action sequence. Rinse and repeat for the last 90 minutes of the film. The human senses weren't meant to put up with that kind of thing over such a long period of time. Very similar to what Bay did with the Transformers movies, except MOS has far better acting.

It's really tiring. Still, you're the first person I know who has IM lll as his favorite. I mean, not even the first IRON MAN?

IM1 is my 4th-5th favorite, around BB, and I've seen more people thinking the same as me regarding IM3 on other boards.

The MOS Sequel should include anyone other than Lex Luthor for the umpteenth time.. How about Brainiac or Doomsday???

I like the idea of Brainiac. If MOS was all action, the villain for MOS2 should provide a physical as well as intellectual threat, and Brainiac fits that bill perfectly.

I really didn't enjoy Iron Man 3, worst crime a superhero film can ever commit is: being boring.

I was genuinely bored throughout. I enjoyed Iron Man and Iron Man 2 though.

I think they should leave stand-alone Iron Man films at 3 now.

My favourite Superhero films, not in order:

Batman Returns

Batman Forever

The Dark Knight Rises

The Avengers

X-Men

and Catwoman (Showgirls style guilty pleasure, lol)

• Like 1

Loud SFX has a way in tricking the audience into making people believe the movie is better than it is.Don't believe me?Watch a Transformers action scene with the sound turned low.

That's just the power of sound. Sound is incredibly important in a movie so saying that isn't as good without sound would be true for most modern movies, especially action and horror.

Edited by StarSaber

Marvel vs. DC just makes no sense to me, personally.

I remember reading both batman comics and xmen comics (and tons more, especially Silver Surfer) from my dad's collection, and I was thoroughly entertained and educated, especially about discrimination and the varying definitions of what is right and wrong, by them. Didn't matter whether they were DC or Marvel. To me, superheroes are superheroes. I feel that's the same with most people out there.

So don't make place into a shit yard.

• Like 1

The big question is when, not if, Warner Bros will schedule Flash and Wonder Woman.I'm hoping they do Flash/Wonder Woman in 2015, MOS2/Batman reboot in 2016 and push back Justice League to 2017.Yeah it's copying the Marvel Studios formula but building up towards the team up ensemble is such a huge payoff financially and otherwise I don't know how Warner Bros can resist.

I hate having to make meaningless posts like these so I can view the most recent page.

You can just look at the page count and erase the number in the website to put the farthest page number in the bar.

According to a Fandango survey of 1,000 people who purchased tickets to see the film, the following factors are playing a role in people's decision to see "Man of Steel":

* 88% are fans of Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight” franchise;

* 81% are looking forward to seeing a darker interpretation of Superman;

* 61% plan to see it on the big screen more than once, indicating heavy repeat viewing in weeks to come.

Telemachos I think I should've climbed aboard the 400m train.