#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

You know, to get the average american really interested McDonald's should sell tickets to The Hobbit

Oh come on, the best way to get people interested is...HomeGoods!

Or, if you want a good deal, Five Below?

Edited by Alpha

There is no controversy with Wal-mart.  It's very simple what happen.  WB was smart as hell to tie in the Previews shows with the Biggest retailer in the world.  Just cause other Studio's didn't think of it doesn't mean sh!t.  Great Previews/Midnight for "Man of Steel". Huge turn around from "Superman Returns".  

• Like 4

TDKR had a midnight rush and a depressed OD though.

Oops, not sure what stats I was using there, TDKR had a 40 percent mid to OD share. But yeah that's not the best comparison either. Most big June or July openers have around a 30 percent mid to OD ratio though, so I still wouldn't expect 35m OD with that midnight number. 30 percent midnight ratio for it would translate to 30m OD. Edited by MovieMan89

The point is you have no idea the amount that were sold...Any that ended unsold was a boost to the film skewing numbers.Its quite different from normal previews in comparison.

THIS.

Oops, not sure what stats I was using there, TDKR had a 40 percent mid to OD share. But yeah that's not the best comparison either. Most big June or July openers have around a 30 percent mid to OD ratio though, so I still wouldn't expect 35m OD with that midnight number.

26M (minus midnights)

14M (minus previews)

A little low, don't you think?

Watch more studios jump on the "Wal-mart Preview" bandwagon.  By selling the tickets in Walmart and making it an "Exclusive Showing" helped in my opinion.  Saying "Walmart brought 12 Million worth of tickets and sold them less" is irrelevant cause nobody can prove that 100%.  The fact is 12 million worth of previews was sold.  Who's to say those same people wouldn't of watched the Preview Showings from 9-midnight?  Also after The Dark Knight Shooting, we've all agreed and established that Previews are the new midnights.  

Edited by filmscholar

But they didn't. They gave away 50%+ at the store my nephew works in. 

So Wal-Mart just found 50% of the tickets outside their corporate offices and started to hand them out? Didn't Wal-Mart purchase 12M worth of tickets from WB?

If you want a put an asterisk on this number, you might as well put an asterisk on every gaming console total sales. (And phone sales, minus Apple, for the most part).

I get that it might have it more complicated to guess what Friday might be, but there's nothing worthy of an asterisk here at all. WB was actually more transparent and open than I thought they would be.

• Like 1