baumer

Wednesday #s: MoS Official Est $9.01M

SM3 says otherwise.

ASM2 = first Spider-man sequel to increase domestically.

The reboot is going to end up saving the franchise.

You forget SM2 went against the mega Shrek 2 film. It plust other big movies had exausted folks's movie budget or SM2 would

have increased over SM1 bigtime.. So thats not exactly true. If there was no Shrek2..SM2 would have made TDK numbers domestically! Even after Shrek 2's massive numbers(Over 600+M today domestically

I believe and all the other big movies...SM2 still put up near SM1 numbers at the boxoffice and set some massive

BO records).. So  ASM2 is only going to increase if its good and because the reboot underperformed

at the BO office domestically

Edited by Superman001

I hope the FF reboot is unnessary too. 10 years since the first, 8 since the last. And Hulk was 5 years later, MOS was 7 years, and eventhough Batman will help set up JL, its still 4 years later,

Quickly getting purged from theaters!

I won't quit on Purge puns.

Purge made over 50m already on a 3m budget. As bad as people say it is, that is quite impressive.

• Like 1

I hope the FF reboot is unnessary too. 10 years since the first, 8 since the last. And Hulk was 5 years later, MOS was 7 years, and eventhough Batman will help set up JL, its still 4 years later,

I doubt that there will be reboot. so many characters they could do spin off or continue like TK

Edited by Dragon

It amazes me how ill-informed the majority of theater employees can be. Not all (I know we have a few around here :) ), but I'm talking about the 16-year-olds who are just there for their minimum wage paycheck and don't really know, or care, about the product of the business they work for.

It used to infuriate me, but now, I just smile and nod.

I think it's sad that they don't have more knowledgeable people to run the movies themselves. They need someone who knows how to calibrate surround sound and make sure the projection is working right, even if they've tried to dumb it down to the point that digital projection is just pushing a button.

• Like 1

SM3 says otherwise.

ASM2 = first Spider-man sequel to increase domestically.

The reboot is going to end up saving the franchise.

Saving the franchise.. I do declare SM was at 2.5 billion or more from the BO alone WW,  and over 10-13 billion in revenue as a movie/vg related franchise.  

TM 's brillant performance help give the whole franchise

an incredible boost, long before a reboot..  Save you say??  One film that

was no way on the level of Batman and robin or Catwoman does not break

a franchise(SM3 335/550+M OS)   : :slaphead: :slaphead:

Edited by Superman001

SM3 says otherwise.

It really doesn't have a say in it at all.People with bad memory or just avid TASM supporters conveniently "forget" that Sony had signed Maguire to a $50m two picture deal. That Raimi was working on Spiderman 4. It was only that the overbearing Sony "suits" putting their fingers(those are the fingerprints that bogged down the SM3 narrative)in his pie, aka screenplay and characters to use, caused Raimi to back out and Sony scrap it in favor of a reboot citing "creative differences". 

They got Webb, who they could more easily manipulate. They used the same "tired" Raimi device of a scientist gone wrong but took out all the elements of the Lizard that made him a compassionate foe. The Lizard, the sam Lizard the suits told Raimi he couldn't use cause it would just be too difficult and look silly.  :lol:

Keep those bad long term memories TASM loyalists, fail to see the error of that film and the direction of the sequel. 

• Like 4

There's one good thing with message boards, it's just 2 klicks to expose the troll:

Maybe you should just go and love something that's worth it, instead of hating without looking at the facts.

You didn't like MOS, you underestimated it, go on and live with it.

Why don't you go and dig up everyone who was wrong about MoS opening weekend while you're at it. :rolleyes: I admitted I was wrong about my OW prediction for MoS but I was also dead on with MoS's RT score and shitty movies don't deserve BIG box office. TASM was a better film.