Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

Just comparing first Monday to first Monday, and from that point forward. 

Another movie which I am comparing to MoS is "The Hunger Games". Weirdly enough, this comparison has actually held. THG fell 72% on Friday, increased 32%, dropped 38% on its second weekend. MoS fell 71%, increased 29%, dropped 25%. Only have 3 data points from the THG comparison though, will wait a week to see if it fits.

Hunger Games had $20M midnights...

• Like 1

how come more studios don't do the double feature thing like Disney does? Paramount could have done a Star Trek 2/World War Z double feature like Disney did with MU/Iron Man 3 and Oz/Iron Man 3

More overlap in target audience would be the first thing to come to mind.  But yeah I'm surprised that Paramount didn't try it STiD and WWZ.  Can't hurt.  Universal could've tried but FF6 and Oblivion but again pretty big difference in audience.

So far MOS has 210m and does 318m+ look good as it did a week ago? 

I mean all depends on next weekend if it continues this kind of fall, I am afraid it might do "The Matrix Reloaded" type of run and ending. 

how come more studios don't do the double feature thing like Disney does? Paramount could have done a Star Trek 2/World War Z double feature like Disney did with MU/Iron Man 3 and Oz/Iron Man 3

I thought they did.

So far MOS has 210m and does 318m+ look good as it did a week ago? 

I mean all depends on next weekend if it continues this kind of fall, I am afraid it might do "The Matrix Reloaded" type of run and ending. 

it´s more a question on 300 mill now.

Not 318

it´s more a question on 300 mill now.

Not 318

Yeah I know, but it could still do like The Hobbit last year barely making it over 300m. But the franchise is set to rise with the next one no matter what this one makes from here on and it's safe bet, so that is what they might have been their most concern with this one.  

WWZ truly is a testament to 1. how popular the zombie genre is right now and 2. how star power does still exist when they're given the right vehicles.  That 51/49 split is ridiculous for this type of film.  I for one, thought this was going to be a bomb of the summer (along with AE).  Not because it even looked terrible it just had everything going against it with all of the damage control from Paramount and Pitt. 

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 1

I like how you guys are transforming the Friday thread into Saturday into the weekend thread.

Oh yea, good bump for Iron Man 3.  Perhaps I should do a Youtube reaction video for this weekend.  Insane!  Movie going must have been the #1 hobby this weekend for domestic.

I like how you guys are transforming the Friday thread into Saturday into the weekend thread.

Oh yea, good bump for Iron Man 3.  Perhaps I should do a Youtube reaction video for this weekend.  Insane!  Movie going must have been the #1 hobby this weekend for domestic.

First official weekend of summer!

I am happy for Brad Pitt. He is one of those rare A-listers who has taken lots of risks by doing smaller indies and offbeat movies. He deserved a big hit and the demographics (51% females) were pretty good for a zombie movie.

• Like 2