Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

100M DOM is not hoppening.

How do you figure it won't?  This weekend it should make about 12.5-13.  That's about a 40% drop.  100 looks possible. It'll be tough, but not out of reach.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 3

Next week is what will give the true picture on Man of Steels WOM

The second weekend has always, ALWAYS, been the barometer of where WOM had settled.

Now, suddenly for MoS....it's the third weekend? Can't move the goalposts.

WB can be happy but after that opening to miss $300m is going to be a bit of let down in the boardroom.

WHD is next for the action dollar and people will be gauging WWZ WOM vs that. No one will be actively going: This is the weekend to gauge MoS staying power. That's done THIS weekend and a 60% drop does not bode well. Not likely to see a sub 50% drop from here on out with Lone Ranger coming up, The Wolverine, Pac Rim etc. 

• Like 3

I am so happy for MU numbers. Well deserved. And people were saying a Pixar movie has zero interest, none at all among GA  :rolleyes:

Edited by Sam
  • Like 7

WB should simply focus now on getting the Superman franchise right.Yes, MU stole the family audience from MOS but I would have expected the "young adult" demographic to still show up for MOS. I would argue that WWZ is performing so huge because a lot of people simply weren't into MOS.

I can see a lot of young adults seeing MU. It feels like it was made for them
  • Like 2

If it gets 275 I can't see Wb being able to fudge, but I doubt it will go that low. if it makes >290 million. They will fudge those numbers to 300.01. 

Don't you know it! With their handling of the two mid week, first day dailies they've already shown they are already in full on 'saving face' mode on MoS numbers. 

I am so happy for MU numbers. Well deserved. And people were saying a Pixar movie has zero interest at all among GA :rolleyes:

No buzz. Bad twitter ratios. Far behind on google trends. :P among other things. Pixar is a strong brand period. :)
  • Like 3

I am so happy for MU numbers. Well deserved. And people were saying a Pixar movie has zero interest, none at all among GA  :rolleyes:

I'm not doubting you but can you show me who here said a Pixar film would have no interest?

WB should simply focus now on getting the Superman franchise right.Yes, MU stole the family audience from MOS but I would have expected the "young adult" demographic to still show up for MOS.I would argue that WWZ is performing so huge because a lot of people simply weren't into MOS.

That is the problem. MoS2 may need to get the family votes. Some audience feedbacked that the movie has too much property destruction in it, lol. I thought it is bad-ass but I can see how some families are complaining about its "senseless violence." 

No buzz. Bad twitter ratios. Far behind on google trends. :P among other things. Pixar is a strong brand period. :)

Yup, definitely. It's like any other brand following, it has a very big and solid fan base I'm sure.

I can see a lot of young adults seeing MU. It feels like it was made for them

Nice strategy by Pixar. We're all asking why are they doing all those sequels of their most beloved movies. They're trying to accompany those kids that grew up with the characters, that's why Toy Story 3 scored high with young adults and teenage demography. Those movies are part of their generation like Star Wars were. You add "Frat pack movie", bingo.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 4

I think it'll land around 300 +/- a couple of million. Which was always the target, for me at least, for a solid reboot.  I had MoS doing 295 DOM :) so while way off OW looks like I'll be closer to the mark on the final tally.   At least I may get one thing close to right about this movie!  My OS guess of 350 seems a little low right now but wherever it lands at least WB has a good start for a SH franchise.

If MOS did $210 million after Sunday, it is outpacing TASM by 5 days

I'm not doubting you but can you show me who here said a Pixar film would have no interest?

Oh, sorry. I mean buzz mostly, but also interest, for MU specifically. It's in the MU threads, they're most likely haters. And that Hasan (?) guy kept posting a chart  about how MOS is killing both WWZ and MU in buzz and interest. See how that turned out.

Edited by Sam
  • Like 2

The second weekend has always, ALWAYS, been the barometer of where WOM had settled.

Now, suddenly for MoS....it's the third weekend? Can't move the goalposts.

WB can be happy but after that opening to miss $300m is going to be a bit of let down in the boardroom.

WHD is next for the action dollar and people will be gauging WWZ WOM vs that. No one will be actively going: This is the weekend to gauge MoS staying power. That's done THIS weekend and a 60% drop does not bode well. Not likely to see a sub 50% drop from here on out with Lone Ranger coming up, The Wolverine, Pac Rim etc. 

Not every film faces TWO 60 M plus openers.

• Like 1