baumer

Despicable Me 2 (2013)

40 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

While there is not "its so fluffy" moment I really felt like this film developed the Gru and Girls relationship, as it should have being a sequel. Loved it as it stand right now this is the best mainstream film I have seen for 2013 above even MU, I laughed and laughed and laughed and had so much fun, part of which I am sure is due to the audience which just ate it up, but in part as well to the fact that they put a well done movie on the screen for all to enjoy. So looking forward to the Minion movie in 2014.

A-

This might be the first animated film I'm giving an A to since HTTYD.  Funny, funny, the minions, and funny.  I laughed most of the time and enjoyed myself thoroughly.

8.5/10

• Like 3

This might be the first animated film I'm giving an A to since HTTYD.  Funny, funny, the minions, and funny.  I laughed most of the time and enjoyed myself thoroughly.

8.5/10

I haven't seen it yet,but i think that HTTYD plays in another league.

I haven't seen it yet,but i think that HTTYD plays in another league.

I've only liked two animated films in the last 10 years.

8.5/10

and Toy Story 3?

8.5/10 or B+/A-. Superb entertainment value. Numerous jokes and gags for all age groups. Pacing is fairly consistent (meaning, fast) and it's just so much fun. This is a film that tries to maximize the fun factor even though it might compromise whatever heart or seriousness some of the critics are on about because they know at the end of the day its the fun that sells tickets for a fim like DM2. The kids I encountered in the cinemas absolutely go crazy every time a minion sequence takes place. Plenty of teenagers and young adults there too, many of them also laugh hysterically on several occasions (not as hysterical as when I saw in This is the End obviously but still very impressive). Not sure how the majority of parents and older audience react to this since they tend to not laugh out loud like the younger viewers but judging from the faces I see when they leave the show, most of them must be pretty satisfied too.

Edited by DespicableMEnions

It was ok, but not on par with the first one.  Just seemed to me that the story took way too long to get going.  Love those minions though.

Hey, my kids loved the movie and that's really all that matters :)

• Like 1

Grade: A

I liked this as much if not marginally more than the first one. I disagree with lab, I thought the film had an immense bit of heart at the core of it's story. I found the cross section of romance angles to be well played out. Gru and Lucy, Margo and Antonio, the neighbor trying to set Gru up, Gru for his girls....all just well balanced imo. 

It was a packed house and these two 16/17yr old girls ended up sitting right next to me. Now, maybe it was their reaction, it was funny, but when the Minion at the mall loses his dress and just has the underwear and immediately covers the nipple area, they lost it. It was funny but then I think I was laughing at their response, as were a few behind and in front of me....a personal reflection for one of these teens perhaps? 

The guacamole hat was great....I want one. Gru dressing up as a Fairy Princess, priceless and lots of heart to please Agnes. 

Anyone else notice that El Macho lost his Mexican Flag chest tattoo at the end when he was back in villain costume? 

The Minions doing the video version of, it was Boys 2 Men-right, was hilarious whoever it was. The YMCA dance, great. 

Solid, solid film. 

Hilarious!!! much better than the first one... makes me excited for that Minion movie!!!

There were many funny moments in that movie but when Eduardo came and did that Oscar D Leon dance at the restaurant I just lost it men  :lol:

10/10 

Despicable Me 2 deserves all the success is getting.

I personally thought it was better than the first film.

I laughed at most of the film and most of it worked for me.

Even though it had been a very mediocre movie summer for me, it doesn't downplay that this is easily one of the better films of the season.

A-