Olive

Monday #'s:MU 11.02,WWZ 7.67,MOS 4.54,TITE 1.9, NYSM 1.1

When a 3rd solo movie in a franchise where most 3rd movies end up being a disappointment, hell, even a Failure, grosses 174M OW and 403M Domestic and counting(not even in 2nd ru theatres yet) it doesn't qualify for a WWW Thread...

BU and ROTK both did it and destroyed IM3 in quality.

• Like 1

This thread is ridiculous...there are excellent Monday numbers to talk about and all 're doing is debating whether a film that makes 700 WW is a success or not. 

Agree. That Marvel vs DC is intoxicating everything. Can we start looking at the numbers without bias?

• Like 1

No GA audience fanbase.  People from the general audience, especially abroad didn't know who he was like they knew Batman, Spiderman, Superman, Wonder Woman or even the Hulk.  Hence many people like myself discovered him during the TA event movie.

A great marketing plan, a great RT score and a charismatic lead made the trick. 

I don't know about other countries but IRON MAN is popular here. However, I don't think it's about popularity though. I don't see big overseas numbers for a WONDER WOMAN movie (I could be wrong though) BATMAN BEGINS didn't have big overseas gross either or HULK for that matter.

Edited by kayumanggi

Sorry, but isn't Iron Man Marvel?  That's a pretty sizable fanbase.

Sorry but beleive it or not, many people abroad/the GA in its vast majority don't even know that Marvel/DC stuff, they root for a specific comic book character without knowing, following a specific 'house'..  And like i said for me and many people around me it was the 5 characters i mentioned that are known and enjoyed in the same way by the general audience regardless of their ownership.  Mainly because they had some shows on TV or some cartoons for 3 decades..

Everyone knows Superman, every grandfather grew with him...IM ?  Not in the least.  he is a newcomer.  Cartoons featuring IM have been out for like two years at most, post IM1, not before that...and that's because i also speak dutch and it's on their channel because i have yet to one channel showing it in french, my mothertongue.

• Like 3

Sorry but beleive it or not, many people abroad/the GA in its vast majority don't even know that Marvel/DC stuff, they root for a specific comic book character without knowing, following a specific 'house'..  And like i said for me and many people around me it was the 5 characters i mentioned that are known and enjoyed in the same way by the general audience regardless of their ownership.  Mainly because they had some shows on TV or some cartoons for 3 decades..

Everyone knows Superman, every grandfather grew with him...IM ?  Not in the least.  he is a newcomer.  Cartoons featuring IM have been out for like two years at most, post IM1, not before that...and that's because i also speak dutch and it's on their channel because i have yet to one channel showing it in french, my mothertongue.

Who cares about Iron Man 1 in this thread? 

When a 3rd solo movie in a franchise where most 3rd movies end up being a disappointment, hell, even a Failure, grosses 174M OW and 403M Domestic and counting(not even in 2nd ru theatres yet) it doesn't qualify for a WWW Thread...

IM lll would have been a debatable disappointment if not for THE AVENGERS. And you think MOS, a reboot you had deemed failure even before it opened, deserves a WWW thread despite the fact that it's going to make more than the first two IRON MAN movies, the two HULK movies, THOR, CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER, both FANTASTIC FOUR movies, and all X-MEN movies? lol

Your fanboyism blinds you.

• Like 1

I don't know about other countries but IRON MAN is popular here. However, I don't think it's about popularity though. I don't see big overseas numbers for a WONDER WOMAN movie (I could be wrong though) BATMAN BEGINS didn't have big overseas gross either or HULK for that matter.

What i said is before IM1, IM was a no name for teh GA in here while the 5 i mentioned, thanks to TV shows and cartoons, have been around in the GA since the 70's. with runs and reruns.

Before 2008 you could ask anyone on the street, from a young boy to an old man or woman if they ever heard about Superman and most of the time you will have a positive answer.  Not with Iron man outside the geeks.   

Iron Man before IM1 was more related to the traduction of  'L'homme Au Masque De Fer"  of Alexandre Dumas not the Marvel's character.

It didn't have the same notoriety than the 5 i mentioned.

• Like 1

Anyone else having trouble with Box Office Mojo? Barely any of the links work right. Click on a movie, it says not found.

It has been like that for the past 2 hours !

We get it. MoS has shit legs. IM3 has had shit legs.Are they failures? Not even close.Holy fuck, this is turning worse than TDKR legs discussion.Shut the fuck up. MU could have toy story legs and were arguing over nonsense.

• Like 1

This thread is ridiculous...there are excellent Monday numbers to talk about and all 're doing is debating whether a film that makes 700 WW is a success or not. 

if MOS's figure are part of this excellent Monday numbers instead of took another big hit, I guess some people won't even be bothered to mention whether a film that makes 700 WW is a success or not .

Edited by rickfox

What i said is before IM1, IM was a no name for teh GA in here while the 5 i mentioned, thanks to TV shows and cartoons, have been around in the GA since the 70's. with runs and reruns.

Before 2008 you could ask anyone on the street, from a young boy to an old man or woman if they ever heard about Superman and most of the time you will have a positive answer.  Not with Iron man outside the geeks.   

Iron Man before IM1 was more related to the traduction of  'L'homme Au Masque De Fer"  of Alexandre Dumas not the Marvel's character.

It didn't have the same notoriety than the 5 i mentioned.

Again, I don't think it's about popularity though. It's still about the film. IRON MAN made more domestically than the very popular character INDIANA JONES in the same summer of 2008. A very small gap though.

• Like 1