Olive

Monday #'s:MU 11.02,WWZ 7.67,MOS 4.54,TITE 1.9, NYSM 1.1

400M OS appears to be lock. It's holding great in some areas and getting destroyed by MU and WWZ in others.Hasn't everyone realized that MoS will continue to fall with 2 movies taking its audience? I'm confused. Did everyone think they stop showing MU and WWZ.MoS is headed to about 280 DOM and will become the highest grossing reboot domestically along with 700M WW.Success. The sequel will only get bigger.

It will be a major succes no matter how many more it grosses, but poor legs can hurt the general perception of the film and its sequel.

Anyways, I don't get why it has to fall like a rock. MOS won't loose many theaters in its third/fourth weekend. With Summer, there's more market for everyone. These days (and Christmas) are the most crowded and profitable in terms of BO.

Also, MU and WWZ combined did almost 150M. TH and WHD will do half that. MOS will stabilize a bit this weekend. The second weekend drop was predictable (inflated OD + inflated Sunday Father Day + two major OW juggernauts = harder 2nd weekend drop).

After this up coming weekend, people will 2nd guess locking that thread when the movie falls even further....

No you're just dumb...IM3 had similar, if not worse legs, should that have gotten a www? Of course not, cause no one is a petty fanbaby like you.
  • Like 2

That projected worldwide total is bigger than the first two IRON MAN movies and the 3D movies THOR and CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER. People who think MOS is a failure need to visit a doctor. lol

Although I agree that MOS is success, IM and IM2 opened before the expansion of over seas markets  :P So not a good comparison. 

• Like 1

Although I agree that MOS is success, IM and IM2 opened before the expansion of over seas markets  :P So not a good comparison.

So explain SM1 - SM3.

Iron Man began from scratch with no fanbase whatsoever.

ASM had a successful Spider man trilogy background to start from, just by sheer interest to compare them, MOS had Nolan's attached to it and drove all the people who needed something to replace its Batman Trilogy.  Both had two incentives to start with and a consequent fanbase before they even hit the screen.

• Like 2

Iron Man began from scratch with no fanbase whatsoever. ASM had a successful Spider man trilogy background to start from, just by sheer interest to compare them, MOS had Nolan's attached to it and drove all the people who needed something to replace its Batman Trilogy.  Both had two incentives to start with and a consequent fanbase before they even hit the screen.

Iron Man made 98M OW with no fanbase?
  • Like 1

Iron Man made 98M OW with no fanbase?

No GA audience fanbase.  People from the general audience, especially abroad didn't know who he was like they knew Batman, Spiderman, Superman, Wonder Woman or even the Hulk.  Hence many people like myself discovered him during the TA event movie.

A great marketing plan, a great RT score and a charismatic lead made the trick. 

Edited by Ent
  • Like 2

No matter how people want to spin this, MOS is a success story.

Just remember that most of you were predicting way less than $100 million opening weekend (even some with less than $80 million opening weekend, are you freaking kidding me? How'd that work out?)

Whatever number it ends, it is a FANTASTIC NUMBER. If you say otherwise (after predicting a disgusting opening weekend and total), people shouldnt even pay attention to these posters.

• Like 1

No GA audience fanbase.  People from the general audience, especially abroad didn't know who he was like they knew Batman, Spiderman, Superman, Wonder Woman or even the Hulk.  Hence many people like myself discovered him during the TA event movie.

A great marketing plan, a great RT score and a charismatic lead made the trick. 

And ILM and Legacy Effects ( ex-Stan Winston Studios) and other amazing sfx technicians & artists that made Iron Man a reality.

Without them, Iron Man & countless other genre heroes would just not exist.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

People failed to predict 100M+ OW. So now they pick on the legs with major competition.Give it a rest. WB did what they needed to do. Snyder didn't.The sequel will happen regardless of you guys pessimism.I love how MU's fantastic hold was ignored lol.

I agree, that's why I asked B to lock it, but he didn't or couldn't I'm not sure.MOS is a massive success. 300M DOM and 700M+ WW for a reboot is a fantastic result for sure.

Honestly it was too early for me.  I came to see the Monday numbers.  Then I saw that shit storm.  I just figured I'd let someone else deal with it.

• Like 1

400M OS appears to be lock. It's holding great in some areas and getting destroyed by MU and WWZ in others.Hasn't everyone realized that MoS will continue to fall with 2 movies taking its audience? I'm confused. Did everyone think they stop showing MU and WWZ.MoS is headed to about 280 DOM and will become the highest grossing reboot domestically along with 700M WW.Success. The sequel will only get bigger.

The sequel will definitely be bigger overseas but there are no guarantees domestically. WOM for this appears to be mixed and if they make another criticially panned movie then sequel may very well drop from the original in a very crowded 2015 summer box office.

Screenings start at 6:30pm tomorrow in Australia for MOS. I've found some sold out sessions at 40 seat Gold Class screenings. Most other sessions are around 50-65% for early evening and under 30% for later in the evening. These are all allocated seating.

After this up coming weekend, people will 2nd guess locking that thread when the movie falls even further....

But it doesn't matter how much it falls BKB, the OW and total will make it success, not to mention international.

• Like 1

When a 3rd solo movie in a franchise where most 3rd movies end up being a disappointment, hell, even a Failure, grosses 174M OW and 403M Domestic and counting(not even in 2nd ru theatres yet) it doesn't qualify for a WWW Thread...

And is going to have a Twilight multiplier, which is the basis for your  WWW thread for MOS.

• Like 2

Iron Man began from scratch with no fanbase whatsoever.

ASM had a successful Spider man trilogy background to start from, just by sheer interest to compare them, MOS had Nolan's attached to it and drove all the people who needed something to replace its Batman Trilogy.  Both had two incentives to start with and a consequent fanbase before they even hit the screen.

Sorry, but isn't Iron Man Marvel?  That's a pretty sizable fanbase.

• Like 3

This thread is ridiculous...there are excellent Monday numbers to talk about and all 're doing is debating whether a film that makes 700 WW is a success or not. 

Posted Image

• Like 9