Olive

Monday #'s:MU 11.02,WWZ 7.67,MOS 4.54,TITE 1.9, NYSM 1.1

That never made sense to me.   No one was even looking at what Superman 2, Batman 2, and Spider-Man 2 did.

It's sort of random whether sequels will rise or fall. At least IM2 stayed most flat from IM1. :)

• Like 1

Really? I thought it only had 2 more markets to open in? That would be great then, 730-780M.

It has another 3 big markets, plus more 9 small/medium markets. And the drops aren't nearly as bad as DOM. It did 90M OS last weekend.

That never made sense to me.   No one was even looking at what Superman 2, Batman 2, and Spider-Man 2 did.

I think the expectations back then was understandable, considering the context.

DMC made the 300-400M jump in 2006, then RotF did it in 2009, it's sorta "reasonable" to expect IM2 to do it in 2010.

Spider-man, Batman 89, and Superman had another level of success (Beverly Hills Cop, Ghostbusters) that no sequel could beat (or at least not yet).

I thought IM3 wouldn't lift Iron Man series over 400M, but I was wrong, underestimating the Avengers effect.

400M OS appears to be lock. It's holding great in some areas and getting destroyed by MU and WWZ in others.Hasn't everyone realized that MoS will continue to fall with 2 movies taking its audience? I'm confused. Did everyone think they stop showing MU and WWZ.MoS is headed to about 280 DOM and will become the highest grossing reboot domestically along with 700M WW.Success. The sequel will only get bigger.

So MOS is looking at $280M total.I'm fine with that.Where will it end internationally?

I'm more in the 290 / 300M area. MoS will be at 245 -250M by next sunday. I can't see it doing only 30M after a +20M weekend with Summer days and 4th July there. It won't happen. WOM is not toxic.

Being conservative

Mon  4.5

Tues 4.9 (+10%)

Wed  4.0 (-20%)

Thur  3.8 (-5%)

Fri     6.2 (+60%)

Sat    8.0 (+30%)

Sun   6.0  (-25%)

248M

Edited by stripe
  • Like 1

Twitter index shows that Monsters University has a really bad positive to negative ratio for a cartoon. 2:1.Maybe children loved it, but the adults that had to take them weren't so pleased.

You still believe this positive negative shit? lol
  • Like 8

lol at these parasites.Even if MOS stops playing after the July 4th weekend, it's still a success. The reason why SR didn't get a sequel was not because it's domestic take was terrible. It's because of it's bad overseas total. MOS will finish with 700 M worldwide more or less. It's a huge sucess especially for a reboot.

• Like 1

That projected worldwide total is bigger than the first two IRON MAN movies and the 3D movies THOR and CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER. People who think MOS is a failure need to visit a doctor. lol

• Like 5

If you adjust the Superman Returns domestic gross for inflation where does that place it? This film seems to be getting the same business as that film. It's definitely the overseas markets that appears to be saving it this time. If I were WB, I would consider pulling back on so much marketing costs if that number is going to be that predictable.

Edited by Eastwood47