Olive

Monday #'s:MU 11.02,WWZ 7.67,MOS 4.54,TITE 1.9, NYSM 1.1

???

So what are you saying, that you're trying to trick people by posting different drops?

I just simply quoted some statistics which relate to drop rates between first Monday and second Monday

when I wrote that post,I did not add anything extra into the content( movie's title ,date and figure, that is all)

Edited by rickfox

harry potter dh1 second monday 2,339,162  -73.4

harry potter dh2 second monday 6,477,328  -64.1

twilight series second monday lowest -74.7  highest -77.3

Most of those films are in November. Summer weekdays are supposed to be stronger.

Hey now it's still a final between Boston and Chicago. Two major markets. :)Just to give MoS fans some excuse.

The point was that MOS had worse drops than MU and WWZ, so you can't say that MOS was affected by NHL while the other movies weren't.

I don't think WOM for MOS is as strong as some on these forums believe.

if it's established that drop and wom are correlated, then, by second Monday, if we say GL and Ang Lee Hulk had bad wom, we cannot really say that MoS is having a good one.

speaking of superhero films, outside of some outstanding cases (July 4th period, memorial Day), MoS 2nd Monday drop is definitely not good.

on the bright side of course it already made enough money that it's likely to become the 10th highest grossing superhero movie.

Edited by teardropmina

Most of those films are in November. Summer weekdays are supposed to be stronger.

you are right

but I wrote that post(simply provided some figures) in response to a gentleman,who did compare MOS's drops to Potter or Twilight film's drops .

DAR, on 25 Jun 2013 - 5:28 PM, said:

And it would seem MOS is behaving like a Potter or Twilight film in terms of drops and multiplier

Edited by rickfox
  • Like 1

The point was that MOS had worse drops than MU and WWZ, so you can't say that MOS was affected by NHL while the other movies weren't.

I realized that hole in my argument a little too late :lol:

Besides MU shouldn't be affected too much since NHL fans and MU audience probably doesn't have as strong overlap as compared to WWZ and MoS (53% vs 59% & 64%).  But MoS drop is definitely still harsher than WWZ. Its even worse compared to TiTE which dropped 56% and NYSM which dropped 54%.  

Edited by WileECoyote

Thank you for locking that thread CJohn :)

That was a useless thread for a movie that will do close to 300M DOM or even a bit over and 750M WW+. If there is anything wrong with that then every movie is doomed and all studios are about the close doors.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 6

MOS was the 5th steeper drop this second weekend for a movie that opened above $100 million just after Twilight sequels and Harry Potter last movie...

Ok, there is competition but it seems to me that it's prematuraly too vulnerable and that only means that this movie after consuming its first round of audience made of fans, including fans of Nolan didn't quite get a postivie enough feedback for a second rewatch from the general audience. 

Obviously its mixed wom coupled with its rotten score is slowly but surely crippling its attraction for that part of the GA that were hesitant.  They instead will jump to the next option and will keep on doing so for the next 4 weekend since there will be two dishes at a times each of those weekends.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

That was a useless thread for a movie that will do close to 300M DOM or even a bit over and 750M WW+. If there is anything wrong with that then every movie is doomed and all studios are about the close doors.

I agree, that's why I asked B to lock it, but he didn't or couldn't I'm not sure. MOS is a massive success. 300M DOM and 700M+ WW for a reboot is a fantastic result for sure.

I was thinking that back when there were topics asking "what went wrong" with IM2.   Most 2nd movies for superheroes do not match the original, but IM2 came very close to doing just that.

A lot went right with MoS.   They got more than enough for a sequel and I love the cast (the purpose of a reboot, no?).   Even these bad drops could end up being a blessing because maybe that will cause WB to look at different writers for MoS2.    Could be the perfect scenario.

At some point I would expect a Superman movie to make more than an Iron Man movie though.   He's supposed to make more than Thor, Capt America, Hulk, and Wolverine...that's not something to brag about.   And I also would not claim this will set up a monster sequel the way BB did.   Feels more like Hulk to me...which did not help TIH at all.

Edited by Harpospoke

I was thinking that back when there were topics asking "what went wrong" with IM2.   Most 2nd movies for superheroes do not match the original, but IM2 came very close to doing just that.

I think back then people were expecting a DMC/ RofF jump out of IM2.

Edited by teardropmina

WWZ and MU are giants. The latter is going to hit 100m tomorrow and could drop less than 50% this weekend. The former could plummet from here (I don't think it will though!) and it would still be a huge success.

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 3