Olive

Monday #'s:MU 11.02,WWZ 7.67,MOS 4.54,TITE 1.9, NYSM 1.1

Oh my bad I thought he was talking about MOS drop.The drop for Brave was 50% and the drop for MU 53%. Not that big of a difference.

I am talking about MOS. I'm not sure what planet he's living on if he thinks I'm taking about MU. MOS is mentioned in the post I quoted.
  • Like 1

It's not good heading towards bad. For a film in its second round of weekdays it shouldn't have been above 60. It looks like the correction we're all waiting for is never coming. And in comparison to the WWZ drop, MOS's drop is shit. If a 66M OW Zombie movie, which isn't a subject matter famous for legs, can drop better than a movie in its second week there is something wrong. And no, there is no spillover effect for WWZ, the OW number isn't high enough.

Are you guys talking about the same movie? LOL I thought he was talking about MU's drop.

Are you guys talking about the same movie? LOL I thought he was talking about MU's drop.

I've always been talking about MOS. Red's post that I quoted asked about how MOS's drop is. I don't see how someone could get confused by my post. It's the cavalier disregard of clarity and flow of conversation.

And it would seem MOS is behaving like a Potter or Twilight film in terms of drops and multiplier

harry potter dh1 second monday 2,339,162  -73.4

harry potter dh2 second monday 6,477,328  -64.1

twilight series second monday lowest -74.7  highest -77.3

Edited by rickfox

I've always been talking about MOS. Red's post that I quoted asked about how MOS's drop is. I don't see how someone could get confused by my post. It's the cavalier disregard of clarity and flow of conversation.

LOL!

That's what I thought. But he referenced Brave and I wasn't sure why he would compare MOS to that movie. Oh well. Maybe he'll come back and clear up the confusion.

• Like 1

It's not good heading towards bad. For a film in its second round of weekdays it shouldn't have been above 60. It looks like the correction we're all waiting for is never coming. And in comparison to the WWZ drop, MOS's drop is shit. If a 66M OW Zombie movie, which isn't a subject matter famous for legs, can drop better than a movie in its second week there is something wrong. And no, there is no spillover effect for WWZ, the OW number isn't high enough.

In before the "wait for Tuesday number" come  :P

• Like 4

NHL finals were tonight :P

Good thing it wasn't tomorrow then, on discount Tuesday of the ever BO savior Canadians  :P Or will there be a game on Tuesday too? I don't know much about hockey.

Edited by Sam

All this proves is that Warners managed to get a huge proportion of MOS's potential audience out in its opening week. I don't think its drops have as much to do with WOM as everyone thinks. Simply that most people who wanted to see it have seen it. If it had opened lower and found its way to $300 million we'd all be ecstatic. I can see where people are coming from, but the film has done great. We won't know how much audiences liked it until the sequel but this is a success for Warner Bros.

• Like 2

Pirates of the Caribbean:At World's End  second monday  4,150,798  -83.4

Please stop. You were using films that opened during the winter to compare against MoS. Different seasons.

This is ending up more like MAN OF FAIL with a drop like that and there's no spinning this either folks...

I want to wait until the weekend to be sure that this won't act like a family film. However, if MOS keeps going like this, then it may have worse legs than IM3. If that happens, I just might have a thing or two to say to all the people who poked fun at IM3's multiplier.

But, I want to make sure MOS is really free falling. The breakdowns should be interesting if MOS doesn't hit $290 M domestic.