Olive

Monday #'s:MU 11.02,WWZ 7.67,MOS 4.54,TITE 1.9, NYSM 1.1

Pirates of the Caribbean:At World's End  second monday  4,150,798  -83.4%

your math is off, it's only a 69.3% drop, and that's on June 4, when obviously some schools were still in session, not a good comparison

• Like 1

All this proves is that Warners managed to get a huge proportion of MOS's potential audience out in its opening week. I don't think its drops have as much to do with WOM as everyone thinks. Simply that most people who wanted to see it have seen it. If it had opened lower and found its way to $300 million we'd all be ecstatic.I can see where people are coming from, but the film has done great. We won't know how much audiences liked it until the sequel but this is a success for Warner Bros.

Well the way you explain it makes it seem like this is a Potter or Twilight movie where the fan rush is in the opening weekend. I mean it's okay but people were expecting this to perform like the first Spiderman or the first Iron Man.  I agree that the film is a success regardless.

• Like 3

I want to wait until the weekend to be sure that this won't act like a family film.

Perhaps you missed this past weekend, where it clearly proved that it's not going to have strong weekends to make up for weak weekdays.

Perhaps you missed this past weekend, where it clearly proved that it's not going to have strong weekends to make up for weak weekdays.

I like to be sure. Maybe you feel confident that this is spiraling downward, but I want to be sure before I start talking. I don't want it to come back and bite me.

I like to be sure. Maybe you feel confident that this is spiraling downward, but I want to be sure before I start talking. I don't want it to come back and bite me.

Lawyers. smh.

:lol:

• Like 1

We're talking about daily drops, that's the drop from the previous week, which happened to be Memorial Day Monday, so that's an utterly retarded comparison to make anyways

when i posted #39 ,did I say it is about daily drops??

And it would seem MOS is behaving like a Potter or Twilight film in terms of drops and multiplier

I think the Nolan affect overblown its OW as it had a rush factor from the nerd and Nolan afficionados during the first week when competition was nil.  After that it tends to behave according its own worth with the GA.

• Like 1

Pirates of the Caribbean:At World's End  second monday  4,150,798  -83.4%

Misleading given Pirates 3's first Monday was Memorial Day.

Is there a possibility that Superman Returns first Monday through final DOM box office admissions trump the first Monday through final DOM box office admissions for Man of Steel? Again, I'm talking tickets sold here...

Not sure what it inflates to with higher ticket prices and 3D, but Superman Returns grossed nearly $120M after its opening 5.5 day. Remember, it opened on a Wednesday. Man of Steel will likely gross $160M after its opening 3.5 day weekend. If so, odd to see both of 'em have similar legs at the DOM box office. When the dust settles, one could likely even make the argument Superman Returns had superior legs given the demand it burned off early with a late Tuesday/early Wednesday opening day as opposed to Man of Steel's late Thursday/early Friday opening day.

I don't think WOM for MOS is as strong as some on these forums believe.

i agree with this-i love the movie - give it a 8.5/10 but it's obviously not translating to the public-it's a good movie , not sure what people were expecting but it did  a great job at a reboot-but it's definitely falling fast----hopefully still 300m

does any of the great box office guys like baumer know what were looking at here with the drops - 290 to 315m?

Edited by holcs

This is ending up more like MAN OF FAIL with a drop like that and there's no spinning this either folks...

The fact that you still managed to stay serious for a few days still impresses me. You can change your name back to whatever it was... No need to play the two faced card.

Truth is, the drop only gave you a reason to start bragging. You predicted a 70M OW which would mean that by now, even with a 50% drop, the movie STILL managed to gross twice what you've been expecting. You just want the attention, that's it.

Edited by ChD
  • Like 2

Great numbers for MU and WWZ, glad to see them still kicking ass. They both seem to be providing a lot of (positive) chatter on social media sites, I've notced (at least among people I follow/friend).

But man, that MoS drop is bad. There is no reasonable excuse that a movie like this should drop that much on an average late June Monday. I'm not saying it spells doom for the run or anything (it's already a big hit, that is set in stone) but it definitely is shaping up to be way more frontloaded than we expected.

EDIT: Which isn't a bad thing. The Twilight films were all hugely successful and more frontloaded than anything else performing on that level. All of the X-Men films were similarly frontloaded as well.

Edited by Sogno
  • Like 1

Well the way you explain it makes it seem like this is a Potter or Twilight movie where the fan rush is in the opening weekend. I mean it's okay but people were expecting this to perform like the first Spiderman or the first Iron Man.  I agree that the film is a success regardless.

I'd have taken $300 million going into the summer. Just seems to be limping there in the dullest way possible. That opening weekend promised fireworks through July 4th weekend, and its quickly deteriorating. Exactly like following a Potter or Twilight performance, you're right.
  • Like 1

I'd have taken $300 million going into the summer. Just seems to be limping there in the dullest way possible. That opening weekend promised fireworks through July 4th weekend, and its quickly deteriorating. Exactly like following a Potter or Twilight performance, you're right.

Well Dar actually said it first.

• Like 1