Olive

Monday #'s:MU 11.02,WWZ 7.67,MOS 4.54,TITE 1.9, NYSM 1.1

No, that does not factor in 3D. You have to add a 10% boost to SR's adjusted total.

Too much. That would mean a significantly higher 3D share than MoS. But, yeah, MoS isn't anywhere close to SR yet. And it'll finish with not much higher.

Man of Steel's drop is flat out out of the ordinary. How many summer films drop 60% on Monday? I've been looking at many and I can't find one

Summer weekdays still hasn't fully kicked in yet. There are still people in school. 

Like where I live. I'm sure there are other places as well. School here only ends this Thursday, 

Where do you live? Schools here in the south and a lot in the west have been out since late May/early June, and most northern ones that start after Labor Day have been out. Whichever schools are still in session is a small, small, small percentage of the country, and considering those people can still go to movies after school and its a small amount and we don't know if they would even go to the movies, IMO its not much of an affect. MU made $11M yesterday, its not like it would've made $12M with them. MU's drop is only 3% worse than TS3, MoS's is bad regardless. Not much of an excuse.

Where do you live? Schools here in the south and a lot in the west have been out since late May/early June, and most northern ones that start after Labor Day have been out. Whichever schools are still in session is a small, small, small percentage of the country, and considering those people can still go to movies after school and its a small amount and we don't know if they would even go to the movies, IMO its not much of an affect. MU made $11M yesterday, its not like it would've made $12M with them. MU's drop is only 3% worse than TS3, MoS's is bad regardless. Not much of an excuse.

I live in Vancouver. It's always school until the last week of June and we start the Tuesday after Labour day. I think it's that way for all of Canada. 

I live in Vancouver. It's always school until the last week of June and we start the Tuesday after Labour day. I think it's that way for all of Canada. 

Really? Wow, that's a short summer. Where I live, they get out first week of June (used to be Memorial Day) and dont go back until late August. I know some people who get out even longer. Still though, considering Canada's smaller population, I doubt it makes that much of a difference. I do wish the drops were smaller though, regardless.

Edited by LeFlop James

Here is a great ?... Why didnt WB put MOS in their traditional powerhouse third weekend in July? Any explanation behind this?

They thought Pacific Rim was going to do better. Now that Legendary is going to another studio, they really don't care about it.