baumer

Tues Numbers RTH

Posting again: MOS should be around $290m after July 14. After that, here are some possible final grosses, based on multipliers after 31 days:

[*]TDKR: 319m

[*]TDK: 331m

[*]TS3: 334m

[*]SM2: 323m

[*]TF1: 321m

[*]TF2: 314m

[*]SM3: 308m

[*]TASM: 311m

I think it will finish at $299.99m. WB will just say "fuck it" at that point and release the blu-ray.

Posting again: MOS should be around $290m after July 14. After that, here are some possible final grosses, based on multipliers after 31 days:

[*]TDKR: 319m

[*]TDK: 331m

[*]TS3: 334m

[*]SM2: 323m

[*]TF1: 321m

[*]TF2: 314m

[*]SM3: 308m

[*]TASM: 311m

In that case, Spider-Man 3.

Spiderman always had a stronger presence internationally, if MOS comes close or crosses it, its a huge success for a faltering movie brand. TASM got that box office with a 75 rt, MoS is getting nearOr beyond with a 56 RT. the only thing carrying is WOM because the critics are negative on it.Perspective ijack, perspective

I'm not sure I'm buying that Spider-Man has a stronger international presence than Superman....unless Supes has fallen considerably in recent years.   I would think a person living under a rock in Afghanistan would know who Supes is.

There are other considerations too.   MoS is following a "meh" movie from 7 years ago.   TASM is following a "yuck" movie from only 5 years ago.   Something was accounting for the difference in OW and I think that's the main reason.  (Along with the great marketing for MoS)

MoS > TASM at the BOTASM was coming off a trilpgy that averaged between 780m-890m worldwide. MoS is coming off a film that dis 391m. Trust me, MoS is more impressive.

"Impressive" in this case depends upon perception then.   If it can be argued either way, it will eventually just come down to which movie grossed more.

It is speaking by itself. Man of Steel comes of Superman returns, which did 391M and had bad reviews, and still manages to make nearly, or overtaking, The Amazing Spider-Man which comes from a trilogy that had all three movies over 750M WW and 330M DOM.

It is speaking by itself indeed.

This is what I mean by perception.   A 75% RT score for SR is "bad reviews".  ...And of course it is not mentioned that SM3 got a 63% RT score.   Also not mentioned that the public had 7 years to forget SR and 5 years to forget SM3.

Not this shit again. Can we move on and talk about how impressive the MU and WWZ numbers are. What a tremendous run NYSM's having. This daily nonsense about MOS's getting old.

I understand that sentiment, but I think one of the reasons for MoS talk is what is at stake with it.

It's not just about MoS.   It's about starting a whole new direction for DC.  The performance of MoS is going to effect everything that happens from this point forward with regard to solo DC movies like Flash and Wonder Woman...and ultimately Justice League.   Maybe even a future Batman reboot will be effected.   We are talking billions at the box office which could sway in either direction.   My personal interest is that I love the cast of MoS and want a sequel and other DC characters to appear (finally).   That's a done deal so I'm happy there.   But I'm really getting less and less happy about the movie itself as time passes.   Do I want MoS to be so successful that WB believes they should stick with the creative team for future DC movies?   No...hell no.   I want the legs to collapse so WB may start to believe a lot of money was left on the table because the public didn't care for it that much.   There is no way I want a Flash movie with the level of writing that MoS had.   Does any DC fan want the JL movie to be similar in tone to MoS and top out under 500 million (maybe less)?   I want something to get WB's attention here.

Though MU is my favorite movie this year so far, its performance is not the foundation for the future of Pixar really.

Can't be hopeful for the MOS sequels with Goyer and Synder at the helm. They are the true dead weights to the superman franchise success.

Not just MoS.   And Nolan shouldn't skate either.   He could have requested changes in the script if he wanted to.   When you put your "ok" on something, you are responsible too.

• Like 2

I'm not sure I'm buying that Spider-Man has a stronger international presence than Superman....unless Supes has fallen considerably in recent years.   I would think a person living under a rock in Afghanistan would know who Supes is. There are other considerations too.   MoS is following a "meh" movie from 7 years ago.   TASM is following a "yuck" movie from only 5 years ago.   Something was accounting for the difference in OW and I think that's the main reason.  (Along with the great marketing for MoS) "Impressive" in this case depends upon perception then.   If it can be argued either way, it will eventually just come down to which movie grossed more. This is what I mean by perception.   A 75% RT score for SR is "bad reviews".  ...And of course it is not mentioned that SM3 got a 63% RT score.   Also not mentioned that the public had 7 years to forget SR and 5 years to forget SM3. I understand that sentiment, but I think one of the reasons for MoS talk is what is at stake with it. It's not just about MoS.   It's about starting a whole new direction for DC.  The performance of MoS is going to effect everything that happens from this point forward with regard to solo DC movies like Flash and Wonder Woman...and ultimately Justice League.   Maybe even a future Batman reboot will be effected.   We are talking billions at the box office which could sway in either direction.   My personal interest is that I love the cast of MoS and want a sequel and other DC characters to appear (finally).   That's a done deal so I'm happy there.   But I'm really getting less and less happy about the movie itself as time passes.   Do I want MoS to be so successful that WB believes they should stick with the creative team for future DC movies?   No...hell no.   I want the legs to collapse so WB may start to believe a lot of money was left on the table because the public didn't care for it that much.   There is no way I want a Flash movie with the level of writing that MoS had.   Does any DC fan want the JL movie to be similar in tone to MoS and top out under 500 million (maybe less)?   I want something to get WB's attention here. Though MU is my favorite movie this year so far, its performance is not the foundation for the future of Pixar really. Not just MoS.   And Nolan shouldn't skate either.   He could have requested changes in the script if he wanted to.   When you put your "ok" on something, you are responsible too.

Superman is coming off 3 meh movies in a row, TASM is off 1 meh movie a cpl years prior.

:wtf: So let me see if I got all this straight: You paid $$$ for MOS only to go see another movie instead??? What purpose did that serve other than you're so paranoid about MOS numbers, that you're willing to shell out $$$$ for it's box office, but not seeing the movie???

The purpose is to piss off Jack.

• Like 5

I'm not shelling out $$$$ for the TA to see another movie instead cause of paranoia about TA box office like many of you are with MOS.. As a matter of fact Neo, there was no purpose in doing so cause TA took care of that on it's own.. Seems like MOS is struggling right now and Nolan fans are having a rough time with and so much, there willing to pay good $$$ to boost it's box office, but see another movie instead and that in itself is illogical...

Well, it came out last year, so we know that.

Superman is coming off 3 meh movies in a row, TASM is off 1 meh movie a cpl years prior.

Is the public really influenced by movies that were released in the 80s?   The largest segment of movie-watchers are young people..and most of them weren't even born. ;)

I think the two movies that will effect public perception and "want to see" for those two movies are Superman Returns and Spider-Man 3.  

And...was SM3 really seen as "meh"?    Or was it more like "bleh"?   And maybe even "Kill it with fire!"

• Like 1

Point is if we are going to call MOS run a great run then we have to say ASM did well then. Imo that is just being fair and honest and not being petty and fanboyish.

Is tasm as great a run as its previous bad movie as MoS is against returns?

Is tasm as great a run as its previous bad movie as MoS is against returns?

What difference does it make to anyone other than obsessive fanboys who want to brag on their movies?  No seriously. 

• Like 11