#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

Well as expected-looks like a easy win for Monsters again! They just love to do the mash!

If The Heat really does approach 45 (which I kind of doubt), then it at least has a shot at #1.

Competition aspect makes sense, but a movie with Tatum and Foxx in the dead of summer should have been able to match OHF.  Similar storyline sure didn't help anything, but mid 20's is pathetic.

There is not much that Tatum and Foxx can do  with lack of marketing. Nowadays but dont give damn about movie stars. If marketing is crap they will skip it especially if they already seen a similar  premise before.

I said it before on here If WHD flop I wasnt going to blame Tatum or Foxx but Sony themselves. Fuck After Earth too.

2015 may Is fine..July is a clusterfudge

Well to be fair, no one in their right mind will release a May movie in 2015 besides MD weekend. June is busy and July is stupid crazy.

1. Coming so soon after Olympus2. Strong competition3. Weak marketingNot a good mix.

Still mindblowing though that Tatum + Foxx + Emmerich < magician movie bumped from January to summer.
  • Like 5

Not very surprised. So many movies to choose from and every weekend another 1 or 2 major movies keep coming out. 2013 will be known as the year with no legs. I only feel bad for man of steel since it surely would have made 300m already if it weren't for all the competition.

• Like 1

Well to be fair, no one in their right mind will release a May movie in 2015 besides MD weekend. June is busy and July is stupid crazy.

I wonder why...I hope they don't release sw7 in May.That is like releasing Ta and tdkr in one month.There is no doubt Ta2 and sw7 are the two most anticipated films as of now.