#ED

7/1/13 MON ACTUALS: MU - 7.9M; Heat - 5.3M; WWZ - 4.3M; WHD - 3.05M; MoS - 3.04M

7 PM shows included in the next day's gross...SMH. Hollywood is getting away with some Enron accounting on this shit.

lol seriously? As long as they're not making up numbers I'm not sure what you're talking about. No one but us gives a shit where/what days they put the money, only that total money adds up correctly, etc.

Grown people in my building at work dressed up like DM characters today. :ph34r: They're having some kind of contest. DM vs. Superheroes.

Haven't seen the SH costumes yet but I hear there's Batman, Spiderman and Wolverine up there.

• Like 3

This is the End is getting $100m 

Good, that movie fucking rocks. :)

BTW, I see Olympus Has Fallen is STILL in theaters, clawing closer to 100 million ... not going to make it, but damn ... it's going to destroy WHD.  Never would have thought that 6 months ago.

Edited by Adam

lol seriously? As long as they're not making up numbers I'm not sure what you're talking about. No one but us gives a shit where/what days they put the money, only that total money adds up correctly, etc.

How did Paramount account for the 3 Mllion they added from Puerto Rico for ROTF? Did they under-report the dailies following the opening?

Edited by grim22

You're just upset MoS totally demolished CA and Thor  :stop:

It better!    The day that CA or Thor gross more than a Superman movie is when WB/DC has a serious problem.

Off topic, but speaking of animation ... I haven't been paying attention ... but is Pixar ever going to give us The Incredibles 2 ... sequel to the best animated movie ever IMO. ;)

Incredibles, Ratatouille, Wall-E & Toy Story are my favorites from Pixar.

Never seen Monsters Inc or Finding Nemo ;)

Sadly I haven't seen a Pixar film in theaters since Wall-E ... hell, I don't know if I've seen a Pixar film in general since Wall-E, not even Toy Story 3. :(

Whoa....not sure I could exist without seeing TS3, Monster's Inc, and Finding Nemo!   :o

• Like 2

Grown people in my building at work dressed up like DM characters today. :ph34r: They're having some kind of contest. DM vs. Superheroes.Haven't seen the SH costumes yet but I hear there's Batman, Spiderman and Wolverine up there.

If that doesn't convince you DM2 is going to explode then nothing will.

Whoa....not sure I could exist without seeing TS3, Monster's Inc, and Finding Nemo!   :o

Well ... it's tough ... I take it one day at a time though. :P

I have zero interest in seeing Finding Nemo (or Finding Dory in 2015) but I'll eventually check out TS3 and Monsters Inc/University.

... of course, I've already seen the amazing ending to TS3, so that aspect is sort of ruined. ;)

Edited by Adam

I'm curious...What are people's definitions of MU "surviving" DM2? Are the expectations in the 60% drop range? Because I'm pretty sure it won't drop much more than 50%.

I'm thinking mid-high 40s drop this weekend. I think the market can handle two big family movies and WOM is obviously great for this picture. Look at TS3's tiny drop against the first Despicable Me. Not a totally fair comparison, but still valid IMO.
  • Like 1